Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Moritz Basilico (Read 2,010 times)
hastings
Ex Member

Moritz Basilico
09. Jan 2008 at 14:47
Print Post  
 I should like to draw attention to an unusual young actor who appeared, out of the blue, between June and December 2005 in four substantial roles in four different films made for German television - but has so far not been seen since.  Moritz Basilico was born on 19 December 1994 in Starnberg, Bavaria, of presumably a German mother and an Italian father (he learned Italian from his father).
 The first of his films (3 June 2005) was 'Ein Geschenk des Himmels' (A Present from Heaven) where he plays the part of Tim, the son of Susanne, a pretty young widow who is expected to marry Peter, a fellow member of their devout Christian congregation.  But Tim is not at all impressed with this idea.  Then Johannes, a laid-back lawyer with sunglasses, bottle of wine and fancy car (played by the very popular actor Walter Sittler), arrives on the scene and is appalled to discover that his mother has left her house to Susanne and not to him.  He decides to fight for his inheritance any way he can.  However Tim reckons 'Johnny John' would make a cool replacement father...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) geschenk01.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

hastings
Ex Member

Re: Moritz Basilico
Reply #1 - 09. Jan 2008 at 14:51
Print Post  
[continuation of previous message]
  'Ein Geschenk des Himmels' was followed on 7 Nov 2005 by 'Was für ein schöner Tag' (What a beautiful day) where Moritz plays the important supporting role of Manuel, the young son brought up by his mother, Lara, who will not tell him anything about his father.  The third film, 'Das beste Jahr meines Lebens' (The Best Year of my Life) was shown just three days later, where Moritz plays one of two spoilt children of a woman left to cope on her own when her husband is imprisoned for fraud.  In the fourth film, 'Ausgerechnet Weihnachten' (Christmas of all days), shown on 14 Dec 2005, Carl, a doctor, Sina, the wife from whom he is separated, and their son Felix (played by Moritz) are the principal roles.  When on Christmas Eve Carl's train is snowed in somewhere in the forests of Bavaria, he discovers that Sina and Felix are by coincidence also on the train. 
  I haven't seen any of the last three films but I do have a copy of 'Ein Geschenk des Himmels' and it is clear that Moritz has considerable acting ability.  One might therefore expect to see him in further productions.  Let us hope we are not going to have another Chris Cleary Miles.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) geschenk02.jpg (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print