Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Viva Cuba (2005) (Read 4,095 times)
YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Viva Cuba (2005)
10. Jan 2008 at 23:40
Print Post  

At first, I was fearful that this might turn out to be another downbeat story about children caught under an abusive political system. But I was happily surprised. This is story of two stormy little lovebirds on the road in an attempt to foil their intransigent parents. It is cute, funny and engaging simply by what the kids bring out of themselves, and I do wonder how much of their wonderful acting is ad-libbed or screen written. There is nothing but truth in the interactions between the featured boy and girl.  They are in love - they conspire, often loudly argue, take for granted that they would be lost without each other.

Jorge Milo is the boy, Terrau Broche is the girl. She is just tomboyish enough to fit as a companion to the boy, as well as a love interest. They make a perfectly attractive screen match in the best movie in this ‘puppy love’ sub-genre I have ever seen.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) VivaCuba_642.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Re: Viva Cuba (2005)
Reply #1 - 10. Jan 2008 at 23:42
Print Post  
I was looking forward to making a gallery, but we already have a fine one.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) VivaCuba_644.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #2 - 10. Jan 2008 at 23:43
Print Post  
Oh my gosh! I forgot my backpack!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) VivaCuba_645.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 14. Feb 2011 at 16:26
Print Post  
Smiley I saw this movie this afternoon and I liked the play of Jorgito MILO-AVILA in part of Jorgito. Here the trailer.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 25. Feb 2014 at 21:20
Print Post  
Smiley I saw again this movie this afternoon. I liked the very good and moving play of Jorgito MILO-AVILA in part of Jorgito. My movie rating is 8/10 !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print