Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Let the Right One In (Read 12,941 times)
BoysOwn
Ex Member

Re: Let the Right One In
Reply #15 - 07. Aug 2009 at 21:12
Print Post  
When I saw the film I assumed the girl was telling Oskar she really wasn't a girl because she was a vampire. I also find the discussion on whether she was or she wasn't something  totally unnecessary to the story if, in fact, it's in the book. If 'she' was a castrated boy then the author has included something quite irrelevant and plainly weird.
This was an excellent film with both young actors giving outstanding performances. I see the DVD has just come out which I haven't bought yet but looking at the extras listed it is unfortunately apparent that neither of the children are interviewed. Oh dear.   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #16 - 08. Aug 2009 at 06:01
Print Post  
Quote:
When I saw the film I assumed the girl was telling Oskar she really wasn't a girl because she was a vampire. I also find the discussion on whether she was or she wasn't something  totally unnecessary to the story if, in fact, it's in the book. If 'she' was a castrated boy then the author has included something quite irrelevant and plainly weird.
This was an excellent film with both young actors giving outstanding performances. I see the DVD has just come out which I haven't bought yet but looking at the extras listed it is unfortunately apparent that neither of the children are interviewed. Oh dear.   Embarrassed

The DVD has been out for some time now. It does have a Behind The Scenes look at the making of the movie in the Extra Features section. It is now one of my favorite boy movies.

That being said, actually the issue of the girl's sexuality I believe was quite a germain issue to many people who saw the movie and the subject came up quite a bit on the forum. I didn't read the book and I suppose other didn't either and this issue was confusing for some at first until josephk clarified it for us.

Yes, it was wonderfully acted by a couple of relatively inexperianced young actors. Definitely one of my favorite vamp flicks.   Smiley

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #17 - 17. Feb 2013 at 16:24
Print Post  

Smiley I saw again this movie this afternoon. I liked very much the play of Käre HEDEBRANT in part of Oskar. My movie rating is 8/10.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print