Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Silent Fall (1994) (Read 2,379 times)
Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Silent Fall (1994)
25. Feb 2009 at 21:02
Print Post  
Surprisingly good movie! Set up as a classical crime story, with lots of twists in the end and a very convincing autistic boy. I didn't quite come to terms with the voice-imitation thing - this seemed so very unrealistic, at least in the dubbed German version, in which they used the voices of the adult actors when the boy imitated their voices. I strongly doubt that a high-pitched boy-voice could imitate the deep adult sounds so easily. I wonder if this is the same with the original English audio? Richard Dreyfuss was very good as the disillusioned child psychologist. Worthwile experience, I was never tempted to zap away.

Trailer:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Re: Silent Fall (1994)
Reply #1 - 26. Feb 2009 at 03:10
Print Post  
Seeing that trailer made me think of "What about Bob?"... which reminded me of Charlie Korsmo (not that I ever could have remember that name, but the search function is my savior!)...

Another pretty nice actor with some memorable roles.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: Silent Fall (1994)
Reply #2 - 26. Feb 2009 at 08:22
Print Post  
I know Charlie only from Hook, in which I found him and his character absolutely adorable; I was 13 when I first watched that movie, and I can still remember some of the most poignant and funny moments, though I havn't seen it in ages.

What About Bob looks funny. Silent Fall, however, is scary and not funny at all. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print