Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A word of appreciation (Read 4,275 times)
Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

A word of appreciation
09. Mar 2009 at 18:59
Print Post  
Hey guys,

I just felt like paying tribute to the whole community here, especially to those who initially set up and later managed to restore and maintain the database.

I've been a frequent visitor to this community for many years now. This place has turned out to be an indispensable tool for me to browse and search for movies, and only by coming here has it been feasible for me to spot some masterpieces (especially foreign language films) that would have otherwise escaped my radar. Some of my most valued and beloved movies were initially introduced to me by your ratings and reviews here. Galleries, reviews and your opinions as fellow experts in the field of boyactors and boymovies have served me as reliable benchmarks. There's a huge amount of movies I rented, bought, or otherwise acquired based on the information available here. This server might only cater for the needs of a minority, but for me and I guess most of the other users here it's a goldmine. Appreciating the value of boyacting and the eternal sublimity surrounding certain boys in their cinematic accomplishments has turned out to be a genuine interest of mine, and without this place I would never have managed to get hold of so many relevant movies. In other words I owe you many emotional and intriguing hours.

Despite not being such a frequent poster at the forum, I do hope that my contributions, my ratings and my reviews are just as appreciated, and that I have helped to shape the profile pages.

I felt like writing these lines to express my gratitude and respect for all of you who pull their heart and soul into this "goldmine".

Thank you, everybody.

Cheers from Austria!  Cool

IP Logged

Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: A word of appreciation
Reply #1 - 12. Mar 2009 at 13:14
Print Post  
Wow, not a single 'yes', 'no', 'agree', 'disagree', 'thank you' or 'get lost', nothing. Huh

Always a pleasure talking with you guys  Grin

IP Logged

OrionPax
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 12. Mar 2009 at 14:32
Print Post  
Andreas_N wrote on 12. Mar 2009 at 13:14:
Wow, not a single 'yes', 'no', 'agree', 'disagree', 'thank you' or 'get lost', nothing. Huh

OK, get lost and I agree.

Andreas_N wrote on 09. Mar 2009 at 18:59:
Hey guys,
I just felt like paying tribute to the whole community here

I'm sorry Andreas but this "tribute" is a bit too impersonal for me, I don't expect thanks but I think about everything I've contributed to various boy related sites over the years and no one has personally thanked my аss for anything and told me how great I am so this tribute is a bit vapid if you ask me  Cheesy

Andreas_N wrote on 09. Mar 2009 at 18:59:
Cheers from Austria!  Cool

Austria is a wonderful country, I quite like the underwear brands Huber and Skiny your country is "famous" for... but is there anything else worth noting? besides plagiarising Australia's name Wink

Andreas_N wrote on 12. Mar 2009 at 13:14:
Always a pleasure talking with you guys  Grin

Yes it sure has Tongue

IP Logged

Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 12. Mar 2009 at 15:37
Print Post  
OrionPax wrote on 12. Mar 2009 at 14:32:
I'm sorry Andreas but this "tribute" is a bit too impersonal for me, I don't expect thanks but I think about everything I've contributed to various boy related sites over the years and no one has personally thanked my аss for anything and told me how great I am so this tribute is a bit vapid if you ask me  Cheesy

First, thanks for introducing me to the word vapid.^^
Second, as far as "impersonal" is concerned, I can hardly go around shaking hands. Anyways, if you don't like your ass being thanked, that's fine with me.  Wink

Something worth noting about Austria? Erm, where shall I start...  Cheesy... it's simply the best spot on Earth to live, if you ask me.

I guess I better get lost now.

IP Logged

OrionPax
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 12. Mar 2009 at 15:50
Print Post  
Andreas_N wrote on 12. Mar 2009 at 15:37:
Something worth noting about Austria? Erm, where shall I start...  Cheesy... it's simply the best spot on Earth to live, if you ask me.

Of course it's the best spot on Earth to live, it's surrounded by the best countries Tongue

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 12. Mar 2009 at 15:56
Print Post  
Sorry, Andreas. I meant to say something but got distracted by something else. (Probably a boy.) I guess all I can say is I feel the same way.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #6 - 13. Mar 2009 at 08:24
Print Post  
Andreas, I hadn't read this thread until now. You should know how long it often takes for a thread to get responses here.

Well I'm responding but I'm not sure how to respond. Several of the main contributors, early on in the site's history are no longer really here, which is disappointing. I'm thinking of Bijou, SirJ, Link, MikeZ, Pele, Devon, TeddyBear and others. Well, a couple are here under different nicks for one reason or other and a couple of others pop in once in a blue moon.

I guess the ones that remain regulars are the thick skinned ones, maybe we are the survivors or the eternal optimists, able to brush off the disappoints and keep slogging on regardless.

I'm glad this site remains that's for sure, and of course Quantum deserves all the credit and major thanks for that.

One thing that does sit at the back of my mind, and not so far back either, is the question, 'how much longer will the site last?'.

IP Logged

Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 13. Mar 2009 at 08:45
Print Post  
Hi cal,

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by the old-timers having to be "thick skinned" to still hang around. You referring to the time when the site was down? And what triggers you to think that the site will cease to exist in the (near or far) future?

Quantum definitely is the current mastermind behind the site, I agree.

Well, I guess I meant to start this thread to express my acknowledgment of the work especially of those who keep this site running despite all odds - I'm pretty sure setting up movie und actor profiles takes some time.

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 13. Mar 2009 at 22:54
Print Post  
Cal I don't know why you're worried. I think this place is awsome and it is my new " home site " that I come to every day to see what has been posted. I have been having a great time in the short time I've been here and I think everyone here is totally cool. I would like to think that this site would be around for a long time. I really wish MikeZ would come back. He's the one that linked me here and made me aware of this place. One thing that sort of bugs me though is when so many people create profiles and then never use them for anything. Of all of the people who came here around the time that I did I've got more posts than any of them. Yeah, I don't do pics or caps but I like to respond and get involved in discussions. I kind of wish that more people would get more involved. They should. It's fun. I'm enjoying it. I like being able to rate movies too. That is so awsome.   Cool  

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 14. Mar 2009 at 02:12
Print Post  
starchild wrote on 13. Mar 2009 at 22:54:
Cal I don't know why you're worried. I think this place is awsome and it is my new " home site " that I come to every day to see what has been posted. I have been having a great time in the short time I've been here and I think everyone here is totally cool. I would like to think that this site would be around for a long time. I really wish MikeZ would come back. He's the one that linked me here and made me aware of this place. One thing that sort of bugs me though is when so many people create profiles and then never use them for anything. Of all of the people who came here around the time that I did I've got more posts than any of them. Yeah, I don't do pics or caps but I like to respond and get involved in discussions. I kind of wish that more people would get more involved. They should. It's fun. I'm enjoying it. I like being able to rate movies too. That is so awsome.   Cool  

Hi Starchild:
In case you didn't know, Mike Z is offline due to financial problems and hopes to get back online eventually.  Smiley

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 14. Mar 2009 at 03:45
Print Post  
Hello K. No I did not know this about MikeZ. I'm sad to hear about his financial problems but I'm glad it's nothing worse like health problems or something like that. Hopefully things will work out for him and he'll be back online soon. Thanks for the info K.   Smiley  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print