Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Psych (Read 5,593 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Psych
26. Mar 2009 at 23:08
Print Post  

I've been watching a lot of this series this week. I don't usually go for this kind of television, but though certain circumstances I had to watch several episodes from Season 3 and I have to admit that it's pretty funny and I'm really starting to enjoy it.

Our profile is a bit misleading. All the characters listed are tagged as if they were boys (bold actor names + character names in brackets). In fact, only the last two are boys. The others are all adults. (I remember getting my hands slapped for making a similar mistake back when I was still an admin. So I'm sure someone will fix that.)

The main boy actor who appears briefly in ever episode is Liam James:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

He plays the younger version of Shawn, the main character. One of the devices of the series is that every episode opens with a brief scene from 1985, which usually involves young Shawn (sometimes with his friend Gus) getting into some sort of trouble. These are only slightly related to what follows in the episode, and although sometimes there are additional flashbacks during the episode, most of the time that's not the case.

In other words, you probably won't want to seek out this series just for the boy content. But if you do catch the show, it's a nice bonus.

(Also, um, you could just stream the first five minutes of each episode from (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) if you really only care about this actor. I do think he's worth a look.)

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Re: Psych
Reply #1 - 26. Mar 2009 at 23:25
Print Post  
Yeah, I like this show too, and it's one of the few I hate to miss the first 5 minutes of!

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #2 - 26. Mar 2009 at 23:54
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 26. Mar 2009 at 23:08:
Our profile is a bit misleading. All the characters listed are tagged as if they were boys (bold actor names + character names in brackets).

fixed

probably this clip still works?...

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 27. Mar 2009 at 00:25
Print Post  
The names of the characters in brackets should only be for boy characters. So technically, those should be deleted except for the last two.

Sorry for being a stickler. But when I was recruited to help maintain the database, that was a rule I wasn't aware of until after I had already created dozens of new profiles differently. I remember that someone was quite annoyed to have to go back on all my profiles and fix them. His argument was that this is how it's always been done and it should be obvious to everyone. Apparently not.

As for the clip, streaming it on Badongo didn't work for me. (Audio only, no video.) But I was able to download it and watch it no problem. It's a good one. I guess that's from Season 1. Liam has grown a lot since then.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 28. Mar 2009 at 17:15
Print Post  
I rather like Liam.

Psych is the only show I only watch on a regular basis for the first five minutes or less of every episode. heh.

Hey Joseph, you talkin' about me? Maybe it's anything goes on the database these days. I can't remember you doing anything untoward on the database, but then my memory is rather wanting at times. Smiley
I DO remember pulling my hair out over some of the hurly burly approach that MikeZ had on the database though,  LOL

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #5 - 18. Feb 2010 at 10:11
Print Post  

IP Logged

moviebuff12345
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 15. Jun 2012 at 07:11
Print Post  
Liam was great in 2012, I thought he looked enough like John Cusack to really be his son! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print