Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Foretaste of Spring (Read 9,524 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Foretaste of Spring
17. Aug 2009 at 03:48
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Nice one. In German, but there's not much dialogue and I think I understood the basic premise.

Warning: contains nudity.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Foretaste of Spring
Reply #1 - 18. Aug 2009 at 13:33
Print Post  
Haha..

Very cute, thanks.

I laughed when the lady bobbed down in front of the youngster, I was unsure of what it was she was doing...  heheh.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 18. Aug 2009 at 16:20
Print Post  
Glad you enjoyed it. And yeah, that part I think is meant to be eyebrow-raising and suggestive. I had guessed what she was actually doing, but it was obviously meant to invoke something else. Smiley

This seems to be another case where a thread would've received several replies by now if I had posted it in the "general discussion" forum, instead of here, where it belongs but unfortunately gets little attention.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #3 - 18. Aug 2009 at 21:54
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 18. Aug 2009 at 16:20:
This seems to be another case where a thread would've received several replies by now if I had posted it in the "general discussion" forum, instead of here, where it belongs but unfortunately gets little attention.

The other side: In the "general discussion" forum, it would be gone in a week or so, but here it remains on the first page for months.  So the deciding factor is whether you want lots of attention immediately, or your remarks are more timeless.

Just scan down the "shorts" page ... The Saddest Boy in the World ... Oblivion, Nebraska ... good stuff.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 19. Aug 2009 at 04:33
Print Post  
Glad you enjoyed it. And yeah, that part I think is meant to be eyebrow-raising and suggestive. I had guessed what she was actually doing, but it was obviously meant to invoke something else. Smiley

My thoughts on this, for whatever little value they are worth, is that threads posted to the main discussion forum can easily be moved, by forum admin, to whatever forum the thread is most suited, at a later date - that is, keep the thread on the main discussion forum until it is about to drop off the front page.

Topical threads would then have a much better life, IMO, and probably more views and more responses.

It would actually give forum admin a more useful reason for their existence,  Smiley

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 19. Aug 2009 at 14:52
Print Post  
hosenhaus wrote on 18. Aug 2009 at 21:54:

The other side: In the "general discussion" forum, it would be gone in a week or so, but here it remains on the first page for months.  So the deciding factor is whether you want lots of attention immediately, or your remarks are more timeless.

I know. That's why I decided to post here, where it belongs.

Also, it's true that admins could move threads to the right forum after the discussion dies down, but I've asked for some of my threads to be moved before and it wasn't always done. I don't really want to constantly ask admins to do work for me, so I'd rather just put it where it belongs in the first place.

Also, it's strange that people are more likely to respond in the main forum. Even I do it sometimes. As HH pointed out, there are plenty of good threads in this forum I haven't responded to.

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #6 - 19. Aug 2009 at 15:42
Print Post  
Haha.  Very clever, and nice scenery.  Thanks for the post!

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #7 - 07. Sep 2009 at 17:13
Print Post  
This appears to have been a film school project.
I can't imagine how you would cast for such a thing in this country....

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #8 - 08. Sep 2009 at 05:19
Print Post  
Very cute, I loved it. I guess it doesn't hurt that the boy resembles the young Bobby Edner.

IP Logged

nicolas
Platinum Member

Toi mon amour, toi qui
a le cœur lourd mon amour

Reply #9 - 10. Nov 2009 at 23:52
Print Post  
Thanks again Joseph!  Much appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print