Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Unknown German movie (Read 1,674 times)
Andreas_N
Gold Member

BA Member

Unknown German movie
04. Oct 2009 at 20:54
Print Post  
Hey guys,

Checking out one of my home town's biggest DVD stores (and the only one which features low budget and special interest movies), I found a DVD of a German movie of 1968 that I have never heard of let alone seen.

The movie - actually a double feature including a 1969 sequel - is based on a rather well known novel from Eric Malpass ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)), called Morning's at seven, from 1965.

I didn't buy the DVD right away, but I guess I will, despite the fact that the movie seems to linger in obscurity, even at imdb ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)), with only a couple of people rating it.

The story seems to be rather interesting, with a nostalgic streak, and the DVD cover looks very nice too.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: Unknown German movie
Reply #1 - 04. Oct 2009 at 22:00
Print Post  
From what I've read about the films, I believe Archibald Eser's character, Gaylord is at the center of both films.

Germany is probably one of the worst countries for providing English subtitles for their films in release. The chances of me seeing these films is almost nil, though I certainly would give them a watch if they were available with English translations. I'm not sure if that's a ringing endorsement though as I would watch all of the Heintje films if they were available translated as well....    Tongue

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Unknown German movie
Reply #2 - 18. Oct 2009 at 10:57
Print Post  
On IMDb it lists the alternative title as:

In the Morning at Seven the World Is Still in Order (International: English title)

In my experience in using IMDb I've noticed that International English titles are not usually listed unless there is a subtitled in English or dubbed version in English at least somewhere (Usually in the USA) at sometime.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print