Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Which was the best? (Read 1,804 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Which was the best?
22. Nov 2009 at 23:25
Print Post  
In 1993 two films were released on the same subject. They dealt with the case of Gregory Kingsley who made legal history by going through the American courts to 'divorce' himself from his natural parents. Instead he wanted to be adopted by the Russ family who had been fostering him.
'Shattered Family' had Tom Guiry playing the part of Gregory or Sean as he liked to call himself.
'Switching Parents' was the other film with Joseph Gordon Levitt playing Gregory.
Both films were quite dramatic and veered between pulling at your heart-strings and reaching for the paper hankies.
I have both films on DVD and I know which one I like the best. However, I was wondering which one members found was their favourite. Smiley

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Re: Which was the best?
Reply #1 - 23. Nov 2009 at 00:21
Print Post  
Well, I haven't seen either film, so it's hard for me to comment.

Based on the ratings on our database, though, it seems that people preferred Shattered Family.

The first only has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10. The second has an average rating of 8 out of 10. However, only two people have rated the second film, so it may be an unfair comparison.

I'm not particularly interested in seeing either of those films, because I don't usually like made-for-TV movies based on true stories that are aimed at making people cry. But I think both the actors in the lead role are quite talented, so I might check them out for that reason.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Which was the best?
Reply #2 - 23. Nov 2009 at 07:43
Print Post  
I like both Tom Guiry and JGL but Gregory K was IMO rather poorly directed and acted, with the exception of JGL. Shattered Family was a decent enough film and far more believable.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print