Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Josef Lindsay. (Read 6,350 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Josef Lindsay.
30. Dec 2009 at 23:03
Print Post  
Okay, okay so what's the what, whys and wherefores of the latest young blondie to arrive on our screens? I refer, of course, to Josef Lindsay who this very evening has appeared in a BBC TV adaptation of 'The Turn of the Screw'.
I fail to see how this 1898 story by Henry James ever achieved any significance but it is a well-known tale nevertheless.
Lindsay is quite handsome as Miles one of the children who lead their governess into mysterious circumstances. The actual frightners of the story are pretty minimal but the two children were suitably menacing in a mild sort of way.
Nicely filmed and brought forward to 1921 has anyone else viewed this programme? Or, more importantly, any comments to make. Smiley

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Josef Lindsay.
Reply #1 - 31. Dec 2009 at 14:51
Print Post  
I haven't seen this version but I'm dying to check it out. I've seen at least half a dozen versions of the story, which is probably my all time favourite ghost story. "The Innocents' has always been my favourite version and it was also the the first version I saw. The sexiest Miles was probably Nilo Mur in "Presence of Mind". I must say I rather enjoy seeing a variety of different interpretations of a film story, much the same way as many people like listening to different arrangements of a piece of music or different artists singing a particular song. I think I'll head over to "The Box" and see if someone has uploaded it. Thanks for the alert.   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print