Guest Message
Hi there Guest,

It looks like you are enjoying reading our forum, so why don't you register an account with us to stop seeing this message and benefit from many more features. Registration is easy and will only take you a few minutes.

If you already have an account with us, then click here to log in.

Thank you,

The BoyActors Forum Team
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic 'Tall Tales' with Nick Stahl. (Read 1,024 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

'Tall Tales' with Nick Stahl.
08. Jan 2010 at 19:10
Print Post  
I'm always pleased to come across a boy film I have never heard of. Like recently I found 'Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventure' starring Nick Stahl, of 'The Man Without A Face' fame. In this 1994 Disney film Nick plays a young farmboy, Daniel, who goes on an adventure to save his father's farm from land developers.
An elementof fantasy is in this movie wherein Daniel meets legendary figures of the old Wild West like Paul Bunyan (Oliver Platt) and Pecos Bill played by the late Patrick Swayze. It's a well made film with plenty of action and a real find. As with most of Disney's films there are no extras. The cinematography is wonderful with sweeping scenes of lakes and mountains. I would definitely recommend it to boy actor enthusiasts.
It was good to see Nick Stahl in another film even if he looks as though he's put on a few pounds since his time with Mel Gibson.
Anybody else seen this movie?

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: 'Tall Tales' with Nick Stahl.
Reply #1 - 11. Jan 2010 at 06:18
Print Post  
I'm always pleased to come across a boy film

Still laughing. Man , I've got to grow up! Nah too late for that, what the heck!

I've seen it, but I've also seen so many westerns that I developed an 'oh god, not another bloody western' attitude. Nothing wrong with Nick though. I saw him on TV last night, in a movie with that Austrian American political import, that bears a name I can't spell. Nick is doing very well it seems, with lots of new movies coming out.

I like him a lot in 'Man without a face', but I'm not too keen on the Gibson these days, he was much cooler when he was an Aussie in the Mad Max days.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print