Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Jae Head (Read 17,531 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Jae Head
15. May 2010 at 06:14
Print Post  
From Hill Country Magazine an article about our newest profiled actor, Jae Head.

Hill Country Movie Star
By John Hallowell

The number one hit movie of the July 4th weekend this year was Hancock, directed by Peter Berg and starring Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman. But those who watched Hancock were charmed by another character in the movie – 11-year-old Jae Head, of Goldthwaite. And if they had known Jae’s story, and been able to visit with him in person, they would have been even more impressed by this remarkable Hill Country personality. (You can see Jae being interviewed at the premiere by visiting the official Hancock website at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links), and clicking on “Watch Premiere Coverage”)

Jae is the son of Jeffrey and Jo Head, of Goldthwaite, and he has been somewhat of a miracle child from the time of his birth. Born without an aorta, Jae barely survived four major surgeries before he was three years old, and while he beat the odds, the shock to his system was such that he didn’t grow at nearly the normal rate. His brother, Jansen (who introduces himself as “Jae’s little brother”), is definitely bigger, despite being a year younger.

Jae’s parents are both Goldthwaite natives, but the family has moved around quite a bit due to his dad’s coaching career. They returned to Goldthwaite just two years ago, when Jeff got a job as basketball coach for Goldthwaite High School.

Jae hasn’t let his small stature hold him back. “I’ve always had a big personality,” he says. So while he hasn’t been able to play football (yet!), he makes a big impression with his quick wit, his friendliness, and his infectious enthusiasm. And that’s why, three years ago, when his father heard a commercial asking, “Can your child act?” he decided to have Jae audition.

Jae aced the test, and soon the family was on its way to Hollywood. Jae had a small part (“Just one line,” he says) in the second episode of How I Met Your Mother, and a skit on Mad TV before he made the “big leagues” with a part on Friday Night Lights in 2006. He has appeared in five Friday Night Lights episodes.

Also in 2006, Jae had a part in the pilot of The Angriest Man in Suburbia, but the show was beaten out for its time slot by The Class, and no more episodes were filmed. (???????) Jae also had a part in the pilot of Amazing O’Malleys (now Wizards of Waverly Place). When Friday Night Lights director Peter Berg began work on Hancock, he signed Jae to play Ray Embrey’s 7-year-old son, Aaron. That, along with the first episode of Friday Night Lights, was the biggest thrill of Jae’s young career. “It was awesome to work with Will Smith,” Jae exclaims. “He was always coming up with ideas to joke around with someone.”

Jae isn’t quite ready to retire (as of this writing, he’s in New York, filming an episode of Law and Order SVU. It is scheduled to air September 23). “Every night, I pray for a sequel (to Hancock),” he says. “But I told Will that we’re going to have to trade places. I want to be the super-hero!” When asked what superpower he’d like best, Jae replies, “Super-speed! Already, my science teacher calls me Dash.”

While lots of fun, acting is also lots of work. Jae is a member of the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, whose rules allow him to work up to eleven hours a day. “Learning the lines is the hardest part,” Jae reports. “I read them out loud until I’ve got them memorized, and then I practice.” In a dubious milestone, he also reports that on Friday Night Lights, he “got to cuss for the very first time.” Up until then, the cast had a jar where actors had to put a dollar for Jae whenever they used off-color language. “I made $12 one day,” he reports proudly.

Much of the family’s schedule revolves around Jae’s acting, and they spend two or three months in Hollywood each year for “pilot season.” Of course, this affects Jae’s 10-year-old-brother, Jansen, who doesn’t get the public acclaim that follows Jae. Jansen seems to handle things with a good attitude, and there are some perks: last year in California, Peter Berg’s son taught him to surf.

When the family first returned to Goldthwaite, some of Jae’s classmates didn’t believe that he was a big-time actor. Those days are over now. When Hancock first appeared at the nearest theater (in Brownwood), there was a standing-room-only crowd, and Jae was there to sign autographs for a long line of excited fans.

His life is still complicated by medical issues (he has to take a bunch of medicine every day, and can’t do as much “cardio activity” as most kids his age), but he’s doing very, very well with the hand he’s been dealt. This year, the doctors have told him that he can try to play a little football, which has been his life-long dream. Whatever Jae does, we’re sure that he’ll attack it head-on, with an enthusiastic smile. We expect to be in the Jae Head Fan Club (at least in spirit) for many years to come.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Jae Head
Reply #1 - 21. May 2010 at 15:22
Print Post  
SmileyI seen Jae in HANCOCK and trailer of The Blind Side. I hope to see soon this movie. Jae have a very good play ans I like very much this young actor unknow in France !

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #2 - 22. May 2010 at 00:05
Print Post  
Truth be known he's not real well known in America either. I have only seen him in The Blind Side and a television episode of SVU. He's done well in both roles.  He has a very energetic screen presence (kind of ironic considering his medical issues).

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 22. May 2010 at 09:20
Print Post  
SmileyJae is very brave for to play in movies and  séries with his heart malfomation. I hope the release to The Blind Side  in France. This movie no release in theaters but directly in DVD the June 2th. It is very regrettable. I will buy the DVD. Jae is promissing young actor in pite out. I hope to see him in other movies !

IP Logged

folkarys

BA Member

Reply #4 - 28. May 2010 at 17:08
Print Post  

Here is one picture of Jae, take from Hancock, the only movie where I saw him. I haven't see the blind side yet, so i can't realy have a opinion on him. But I will do as soon as possible

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 05. Jun 2010 at 09:15
Print Post  
SmileyI saw Jae yesterday in part of S.J TUOHY in The Blind Side, a movie which very  liked. His play in this movie such in HANCOCK is moving and enjoy. He show as well as which is on the bests children actors of USA now and I hope to see him to shoot in other movies !

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 24. Sep 2010 at 22:05
Print Post  
Smiley Some vids of Jae wheer he speak of the shooting in part of S.J TUOHY in The Blind Side.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 28. Sep 2010 at 12:13
Print Post  
Smiley Here a vid where Jae is auritionned for a casting.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 29. Sep 2010 at 15:49
Print Post  
Jae is playing of part of Timmy who is very important part in Climbing Life.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #9 - 05. Oct 2010 at 03:15
Print Post  

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 22. Dec 2010 at 22:48
Print Post  
Smiley Here some pics of Jae in pert of Christopher in Trials, an épisode of the TV série Law and Order : Spécial Victims Unit, in 2008.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #11 - 11. Jan 2011 at 17:29
Print Post  
Smiley Hera an interview of Jae to Dallas in November, 23th.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #12 - 06. Feb 2011 at 23:02
Print Post  
Smiley Jae play in Robosapiens : Robooted the mains parts  of Cody and of Robosapien. In this movie, there are also Bobby COLEMAN in part of Henry and Nathan GAMBLE in part of Caleb. The date of release is unknow.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #13 - 09. Apr 2011 at 15:02
Print Post  
Smiley Here a new vid of Jae.

IP Logged

Leo G
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07. May 2011 at 13:45
Print Post  
Jae Head very talented young actor, have a few used Blind Side Movie Props of Jae Head from Premier Props , pretty cool. Am a true collector and don't sell and of my items. Just glad this didn't get cut up and inserted into a trading card.
« Last Edit: 07. May 2011 at 17:18 by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print