Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Uriah Shelton (Read 44,455 times)
Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Uriah Shelton
Reply #30 - 22. Sep 2013 at 21:30
Print Post  

Smiley I saw again Uriah in Lifted. In this movie, he is a very good and moving play and he a very good singer !

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #31 - 03. Oct 2013 at 21:09
Print Post  

Smiley I saw again Uriah in part of Kit in Alabama Moon. He have a very good play and he is very moving in this character. He is really a very great boy actor !

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #32 - 04. Oct 2013 at 03:19
Print Post  
Nérodiaman wrote on 03. Oct 2013 at 21:09:
I saw again Uriah in part of Kit in Alabama Moon. He have a very good play and he is very moving in this character. He is really a very great boy actor !

Uriah was at his cutest in this movie!

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #33 - 04. Oct 2013 at 22:16
Print Post  
Nérodiaman wrote on 22. Sep 2013 at 21:30:
Smiley I saw again Uriah in Lifted. In this movie, he is a very good and moving play and he a very good singer !

wow, there is a VERY large discrepancy between reviews for this movie! Two gave it a "10" and two gave it "4" ... what do you give it?

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #34 - 04. Oct 2013 at 22:21
Print Post  
Smiley My movie rating, for Lifted is 9/10 and for Alabama Moon 10/10 ! Uriah have a very good play in this 2 movies.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #35 - 04. Oct 2013 at 22:29
Print Post  
ok Smiley  I definitely enjoyed Alabama Moon and his part in it... well, Uriah is great everywhere I've seen him - but I guess "Lifted" was just too "controversial" for some people to enjoy? I'll look into it!

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #36 - 04. Oct 2013 at 22:32
Print Post  
Smiley I liked very much Alabama Moon and Lifted. I saw this 2 movies several times.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #37 - 05. Oct 2013 at 12:05
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 04. Oct 2013 at 22:29:
ok   I definitely enjoyed Alabama Moon and his part in it... well, Uriah is great everywhere I've seen him - but I guess "Lifted" was just too "controversial" for some people to enjoy? I'll look into it!

Honestly, I don't see how anyone can't enjoy this movie simply because Uriah does such a good job acting and singing! I love the movie for that reason, and I don't care if there is any controversy with film, the movie pays tribute to our fighting Men and Women in the Armed Forces, and at the same time pays tribute to the children of those Soldiers! because they sacrifice too when a Parent(s) go off to war! i.e. the worry and wonder IF they will see their loved one again. and I think Uriah conveyed that quite nicely.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #38 - 05. Oct 2013 at 13:25
Print Post  
With about half of the movie dedicated to the signing contest, I felt it was more of a concert film than a movie (not that there's anything wrong with a concert film), but it left it being a bit flawed as a movie.

I'm also not sure the "twist" really "worked" if you think about what must have been happening in reality - such as with the operation of the laptop for the backing music.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 06. Oct 2013 at 17:51
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 05. Oct 2013 at 13:25:
With about half of the movie dedicated to the signing contest, I felt it was more of a concert film than a movie (not that there's anything wrong with a concert film), but it left it being a bit flawed as a movie.

I'm also not sure the "twist" really "worked" if you think about what must have been happening in reality - such as with the operation of the laptop for the backing music.

When my Dad was alive and an issue came up like this, about something either unexplained or not making any since in a movie, he would say, "it's in the script" you know like in reality a car MOST LIKELY won't explode when it crashes, BUT, in movies they almost always do because, "It's in the script"! From what I gather from the movie, when Henry and his Mom moved to her Dad's house, that's when Henry's Dads died, and at that point, his Service pay, or monthly alotment would have stopped, there were a few things in the movie that were left unresolved, but I don't let that stop me from enjoying Uriah! Grin

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #40 - 05. Jul 2015 at 22:45
Print Post  
Smiley I have seen Uriah again in part of Kit in Alabamam Moon. Very moving !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Print