Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic new Tom Swayer movie? (Read 5,886 times)
gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

new Tom Swayer movie?
25. Jun 2011 at 03:31
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

this artilce has info does say all that much about it not sure how accurate the source is.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: new Tom Swayer movie?
Reply #1 - 26. Jun 2011 at 17:10
Print Post  
Well, I guess a new Tom Sawyer movie wouldn't come amiss. The only one I have in my DVD collection is the 1938 classic with Tommy Kelly. I have two DVDs of Tom's friend, Huckleberry Finn: 'Huck Finn' with the great Elijah Wood and a 1985 TV series with Patrick Day.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 26. Jun 2011 at 17:31
Print Post  
Meh. I kind of hope he does something more interesting than Tom Sawyer. I'm sick of seeing the same stories told over and over and over again in Hollywood films.

But at least I'm glad that people are recognizing his talent and that he's going to keep acting.

You guys should all go see Super 8.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 26. Jun 2011 at 18:01
Print Post  
Well, really, josephk! Let them make as many Tom Sawyers and Huckleberry Finns as they like if it means seeing lots of comely boy actors in Mark Twain's marvellous stories. I mean, look how many versions of 'The Prince and the Pauper' there are. Anyway, according to gee's link, they are going to make 'The Healer' a horror story about a father and son camping in the woods.
I have to confess I've never heard of Joel Courtney or the film 'Super 8' except on BA. I wonder when it will get onto DVD in the UK? The only Super 8 I know is the old cine film gauge you used to buy!

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #4 - 26. Jun 2011 at 19:58
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 26. Jun 2011 at 17:31:
You guys should all go see Super 8. 

It doesn't get released in the UK until 5 August...
Maybe I'll go see it in Canada next week...

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 27. Jun 2011 at 03:00
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 26. Jun 2011 at 18:01:
Well, really, josephk! Let them make as many Tom Sawyers and Huckleberry Finns as they like if it means seeing lots of comely boy actors in Mark Twain's marvellous stories. I mean, look how many versions of 'The Prince and the Pauper' there are.

I just personally prefer to see innovation rather than retelling the same stories over and over again. I don't really care if they make a million Tom Sawyers. I guess as long as there's a market for it, they'll continue making them. But personally, considering Joel Courtney only has probably one or two more movies in him before he's too old to even be considered a boy (he's already 15), I'd rather he put that time to use in something a bit more interesting.

Just my opinion.

Quote:
Anyway, according to gee's link, they are going to make 'The Healer' a horror story about a father and son camping in the woods.

That doesn't sound very interesting either, I'll admit, but it's hard to tell with so little information. I might not have been interested in Super 8 either if I'd just read a one-line summary of the premise. I hope it's good.

Quote:
I have to confess I've never heard of Joel Courtney or the film 'Super 8' except on BA.

I'm surprised. It's produced by Steven Spielberg and directed by J.J. Abrams, two very big names in the industry. Reviews have been very good and it was #1 at the box office when it opened.

Quote:
I wonder when it will get onto DVD in the UK?

I don't know. Probably not until for a while, since it hasn't played in theatres there yet.

Quote:
The only Super 8 I know is the old cine film gauge you used to buy!

Yes, that's what the titles is a reference to. The movie takes place in the late 70s or early 80s. The kids are making a movie on Super 8.

Quantum wrote on 26. Jun 2011 at 19:58:
It doesn't get released in the UK until 5 August...

What a bummer. Do big movies like this always get released so much later in the UK? I don't understand the logic behind that at all, since every other major English-speaking market in the world gets a release date that's very close to or the same as the US date. It's almost like they want people to download an illegal copy instead of waiting two months to go see it in theatres.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 29. Jun 2011 at 04:17
Print Post  
apparently Jake T  Austin Has been cast as Huck.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #7 - 29. Jun 2011 at 13:44
Print Post  
gee wrote on 29. Jun 2011 at 04:17:
apparently Jake T  Austin Has been cast as Huck. 

17-year-old Huck, eh?

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 30. Jun 2011 at 05:52
Print Post  
I like Jake but he is too old in  the novel Huckleberry Huck says ... I confirm that I am at least 13 years of age.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print