Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Outnumbered UK starting this Friday (Read 4,792 times)
jdtaylor
Ex Member

Outnumbered UK starting this Friday
27. Aug 2011 at 23:26
Print Post  
Hi,

Just a heads up, the fourth series of outnumbered starts this Friday at 9pm most uk areas I believe.

IP Logged

Jared
Silver Member

BA Member

Re: Outnumbered UK starting this Friday
Reply #1 - 28. Aug 2011 at 07:09
Print Post  
what is tv show call Outnumbered

IP Logged

St Mule
Silver Member

Reply #2 - 28. Aug 2011 at 14:21
Print Post  
I believe it is the usually meaning of the parents being outnumbered by the kids. The early seasons are being shown on PBS here is the states or at least my station. It has two boys and a girl in the show.

The oldest boy just moved up in his schooling and is dealing with the usual angst of bullies and just growing up. Then you have a boy that is portrayed as a liar and annoying boy asking questions. The last is a girl that for the most part is just learning and dealing with life.

I really don't find this show that great. It is one of the British comedies that probably plays well in the UK but doesn't really come off right in the US. I would put the show at 70% adults bickering and 30% of the kids being used as comedic foils with no real substance to their characters.

Stubborn Mule

IP Logged

Jared
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 28. Aug 2011 at 23:36
Print Post  
ok cool

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 04. Sep 2011 at 17:46
Print Post  
This series is one of my absolute favourite TV comedies of all time. It has become a little bit more predictable and much less spontaneous than the first season, but it still works a treat. One of the very few shows I don't fast-forward through. My favourite character has always been the little girl rather than either of the boys. Australians are probably more connected to Brit humor than our USA friends but the popularity of Brit sitcoms has certainly wained somewhat since the heady days of the 70s when they dominated the ratings.

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #5 - 26. Jan 2012 at 01:15
Print Post  
brill series, I LOVE Ben Smiley

This series in improvised by the kids, they don't have any set lines, they are just told what the director wants them to do, no set lines, just get there, hence to a british audiunce its great, the adults have to somehow guide the kids to get what the director wants in the scenes

now if you get the DVD you'd find that out Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print