Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Actors (Read 3,962 times)
Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Actors
12. May 2013 at 02:22
Print Post  
I was wondering if it would be possible to have the "Review" for the actors as well as for the movies!? Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Actors
Reply #1 - 12. May 2013 at 16:26
Print Post  
A good idea, 'Boymoviebuff', as there is no real info on the actors themselves at the moment. Perhaps we could even give our boy actors star ratings. However, it would mean one hell of a job for whoever compiles what would amount to a gigantic list. Then again I suppose we members already give our opinions of individual actors when we review the films they're in. Perhaps we shall hear from our august Moderators in due course? Wink

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #2 - 12. May 2013 at 16:34
Print Post  
The problem I have with "reviews" is do we really want to be saying a particular actor is rubbish? It's one thing where an actor gives consistently good performances, and it's fine to say a particular film is poor - as there are many aspects that contribute to the success of a film, not just a particular actor.

If you want to critique a performance by an actor in a particular film, then that's what the reviews under the film are for. I'm not keen on the idea of a single critique for an actor's entire work.

If you just want more information about an actor adding, there is a biography section (which is currently rarely used), but if you want to submit some information which could go under a biography heading (and not just a copy of IMDB's biography), then I'm sure it could be added.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 13. May 2013 at 15:14
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 12. May 2013 at 16:34:
The problem I have with "reviews" is do we really want to be saying a particular actor is rubbish? It's one thing where an actor gives consistently good performances, and it's fine to say a particular film is poor - as there are many aspects that contribute to the success of a film, not just a particular actor.

If you want to critique a performance by an actor in a particular film, then that's what the reviews under the film are for. I'm not keen on the idea of a single critique for an actor's entire work.

If you just want more information about an actor adding, there is a biography section (which is currently rarely used), but if you want to submit some information which could go under a biography heading (and not just a copy of IMDB's biography), then I'm sure it could be added.

Well, It was just a thought, I guess it would be a monumental task to retro all the actors currently in the system! And I did give some thought to the part about the review being a way for one to bash an actor, which would not be good.
Maybe what Cinefan suggested, maybe a 5 star system that shows an overall average without any means of literal communication? Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print