Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The BA Awards! The American Awards (Read 6,346 times)
Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

The BA Awards! The American Awards
06. Jan 2014 at 06:14
Print Post  
Just for fun, I'm perposing that we have an award poll, first we do a nomination poll, for example, all the boys that appeared a movie in 2013, setup a poll for each actor for one week, after the week is up the actor with the most votes would win the award! Smiley opinions please!?

I'm setting up a seperate thread for forien movies! per a member's suggestion! Smiley
« Last Edit: 08. Jan 2014 at 23:32 by »  

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Re: The BA Awards!
Reply #1 - 06. Jan 2014 at 06:26
Print Post  
This just a trial run, please vote, you can only vote ONE of listed nominee's!
have fun! Smiley
BTW, the results will be revealed at the end of voting in 1 week!
Anyone who wants to make a nomination can leave comment here and I'll add it nom. to the poll, but I'm setting a deadline of 48 hrs. from the time this poll started! Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 07. Jan 2014 at 19:41
Print Post  
The problem with this is that a BA member has to have seen ALL the films listed before he can make an award. I have only seen Dakota Goyo in 'Dark Skies'.     Roll Eyes

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #3 - 08. Jan 2014 at 03:23
Print Post  
Interesting choices.  Belle et Sébastien is the only choice not yet released in the US.

IP Logged

LoDHom

Reply #4 - 08. Jan 2014 at 03:59
Print Post  
I nominate Chandler Canterbury (Angels Sing, Standing Up), Luke Ganalon (Bless Me, Ultima) and Bobby Coleman (Robosapien: Rebooted), all 2013-released movies Smiley

You probably shouldn't actually allow voting until all the nominations are in, and then vote Smiley

Edit: You might consider excluding foreign films all together, or have a separate category for "Best Foreign Film" like the Academy Awards. Belle et Sébastien is the only one in your list and mine that I haven't seen.

Edit 2: Looking at my IMDB movie list sorted by date it lists "Mud" as 2012, but the actual release date was 10 May 2013, and Tye Sheridan is a Critic's Choice Award nominee for 2013 (saw that in another thread). So...we must add Tye Sheridan (Mud) too Smiley
« Last Edit: 08. Jan 2014 at 05:02 by LoDHom »  
IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 08. Jan 2014 at 08:48
Print Post  
Smiley I nominate Félix BOSSUET in part of Sébastien in Belle et Sébastien. Very moving play in this movie ! I liked also the play of Chandler CANTERBURY in  part of Howie in Standing Up and this one of Max BAISSETTE DE MALGLAIVE in part of Mattéo in Une place sur la Terre.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 08. Jan 2014 at 13:47
Print Post  
Anyone can nominate one actor for the award, unfortuneately there is only 8 Options possible for voting, so first come, first served. I will remove the nomination for Asa Butterfield because that's one of two I put up myself, so to be fair I'll just have Dakota Goyo, but I'll leave Belle' up.  I increasing the the deadline on this Poll also to give more time for voting.  If there is a way to add more Option slots for nominees, I would appreciate a Moderator PMing me to explain how to do so.

IP Logged

LoDHom

Reply #7 - 08. Jan 2014 at 15:55
Print Post  
Quote:
Anyone can nominate one actor for the award..

Oh, you didn't say we could only nominate one boy Smiley I was just trying to provide a more complete list of BAs in 2013 movies. Had I known I would have nominated Chandler Canterbury for Standing Up and not Angels Sing. I hope someone else nominates Tye Sheridan for Mud then, because imo it's a toss-up between him and Chandler Smiley

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 08. Jan 2014 at 16:08
Print Post  
Smiley I saw Chandler CANTERBURY in part of Howie in Standing Up but no in When Angels Sings. The DVD is not released but i think to buy him when will be available in USA,  UK or in France. I like very much the play of Chandler in his movies !

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 08. Jan 2014 at 22:52
Print Post  
LoDHom wrote on 08. Jan 2014 at 15:55:
Chandler Canterbury for Standing Up and not Angels Sing. I hope someone else nominates Tye Sheridan for Mud then, because imo it's a toss-up between him and Chandler

I will change the movie for him.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 08. Jan 2014 at 23:06
Print Post  
I changed the setting so everyone can see the results as they happen, instead of drawing out the suspence! Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print