Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Odd Life of Timothy GREEN ( 2012 ) (Read 3,490 times)
Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

The Odd Life of Timothy GREEN ( 2012 )
30. Mar 2014 at 22:29
Print Post  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Smiley I saw this evening this movie. Cameron "C.J" ADAMS have a very good and moving play in part of Timothy GREEN. My movie rating is 7/10.

IP Logged

Lord Doctor
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: The Odd Life of Timothy GREEN ( 2012 )
Reply #1 - 01. Apr 2014 at 01:14
Print Post  
I am not a big fan of Disney movies since they are mostly consist of over exaggeration and "feel good" stories.
I also not a big fan of movies or series (especially American ones) that undermine parents and their authority over younger kids and life issues or portrays them as dumb idiots who don't know what is going on.
This movie was a mystery to me. Was it made for children or adults? Was it teaching adults to live in a fantasy world writing their wishes on a set of flash cards and bury it in the garden and magically own a child?
Or was it trying to teach again grown ups how not to be afraid of unknown?
Was it trying to teach children everything goes and they have full authority to over rule any adults? Or was it trying to prepare kids how to accept "step"/"adopted" siblings?
I'm not saying it wasn't a fun movie since at times it was. I'm just saying it was confusing.
Apart from C.J.'s role and acting the adults were lost in this movie.

My rating is 3/10. Undecided

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 16. Jan 2015 at 19:18
Print Post  
Right, what's going on here? Who the hell is CJ Adams and why haven't I heard of this delightful boy actor before? I have recently bought the DVD of 'The Odd Life Of Timothy Green' and, even though the film has been hammered by the critics, I found this fairy tale type story very pleasant to watch. This was a story which you knew was going to end with Timothy's sad departure. I just wish the film had revealed just how Timothy did actually disappear.
The bathroom scene was completely mishandled with towels covering everything. Obviously BA members would have directed that scene properly. Also the DVD lacked any decent extras with no interview with the delectable CJ. However, on the back cover of my DVD it did mention it was a '1 disc' version which could imply there is a 2 disc version somewhere out there. That might have lots of nice extras featuring cutepot CJ Adams no less.

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #3 - 16. Jan 2015 at 21:42
Print Post  
I loved this film!

CJ Adams was excellent!

I also really enjoyed Joel Edgerton (who I have been a fan of for a long time) and
Jennifer Garner as Timothy's foster parents.

CJ Adams in Against the Wild (2013)

Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print