Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Sticky Topic a question for a Moderator about database login (Read 12,382 times)
Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

a question for a Moderator about database login
29. May 2014 at 22:12
Print Post  
I finally got my main PC tower fixed and running! everything seems to be working really good, except for when I try logging in on the database, even though I know for sure I'm using the right username and PW, it still isn't letting me in. So, I'm at a loss for why I can't get in, and was hoping someone might know a trick or something, any help would be greatly appreciated! Smiley

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Re: a question for a Moderator about database login
Reply #1 - 30. May 2014 at 07:30
Print Post  
You are using your username (moviebuff1234) and not your display name (Boymoviebuff)?

The logs show your last successful login was early on Wednesday morning (GMT), which would be Tuesday evening your time.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 30. May 2014 at 16:35
Print Post  
yes, that was on the old tower, it took the login on the forum, but I have tried several times on the database without success.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 30. May 2014 at 16:39
Print Post  
I'm in, I was entering themoviebuff1234, thanks for the help! Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 14. Aug 2014 at 16:45
Print Post  
I keep getting this statement in some areas of the forum and was just wondering what it meant and why! Smiley
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #5 - 14. Aug 2014 at 19:05
Print Post  
It's basically because I'm sat in a hotel on the other side of the world and so am not really in a position to deal with registrations. Rather than leave people waiting for weeks or months, I decided it was better to close the registrations for a while.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 15. Aug 2014 at 04:35
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 14. Aug 2014 at 19:05:
It's basically because I'm sat in a hotel on the other side of the world and so am not really in a position to deal with registrations. Rather than leave people waiting for weeks or months, I decided it was better to close the registrations for a while.

ok great! if it's a Vacation hope your having fun! Smiley

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 20. Oct 2016 at 21:28
Print Post  
I have a problem. I can log in to this forum alright, but I cannot seem to log into the database. I put in my username and password, tick the 'Remember me (for 3 months)' box, and then press Login, but the result is always 'Login Unsuccessful' and 'You must create an account at the Forum before you can login'. I have changed my password so that I know that my password is correct. Any help would be most welcome. Thank you.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #8 - 20. Oct 2016 at 21:53
Print Post  
diogenes wrote on 20. Oct 2016 at 21:28:
I have a problem. I can log in to this forum alright, but I cannot seem to log into the database. I put in my username and password, tick the 'Remember me (for 3 months)' box, and then press Login, but the result is always 'Login Unsuccessful' and 'You must create an account at the Forum before you can login'. I have changed my password so that I know that my password is correct. Any help would be most welcome. Thank you.

Can you try it again? I've forced a password sync between the two systems. It appears you did once manage to log into the database (back in 2014). Also make sure you're using your username (not diogenes) to log into the database.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #9 - 23. Oct 2016 at 15:30
Print Post  
Thanks! I'm now logged in. My mistake was that I had assumed that diogenes was my username! Once I realised this mistake I was able to guess what I had originally chosen as my username. Thanks again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print