Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Outlander (2008) (Read 4,369 times)
Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Outlander (2008)
31. Aug 2014 at 15:28
Print Post  
Since this movie hasn't been added to the Movie section yet, I'll give a short review here. Jim Caveizel is one of my favorite actors, and I would've watch this even if no boys were in it, Bailey was ok in his small and limited roll, I would have liked to see him and Kainan interact more, there certainly was the potential for it! I also liked it when Bailey cut his hair, he looked less like a girl!  I found this movie very entertaining as far as the special effects and acting by the adults, but was disappointed that Bailey didn't have more of a roll in the movie, it was left unsaid whether or not he was an orphan, or was the Grandson of the King, at least I didn't catch it! I would love to see Bailey in more projects and hope he continues with his acting career!

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Re: Outlander (2008)
Reply #1 - 31. Aug 2014 at 18:32
Print Post  
Yes, Bailey's character was an orphan.  I think the King told Jim Caveizel that when they were at the table and Jim gave his sword to Bailey.

I really like this movie.  But.  The film didn't work as a whole.  They ran out of money and the beginning sequence was cut from production
because of the special effects costs.  Unfortunately without this establishing sequence, the entire direction and movement of the plot failed.

Still I liked it because of Jim Caveizel, and like you say, I wish Bailey would have had more screen time. 

The look of the film was spectacular.  The magic of Pierre Gill with Kodak stocks and Primo anamorphics.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Cheesy

« Last Edit: 31. Aug 2014 at 23:20 by bowser »  

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 31. Aug 2014 at 21:42
Print Post  
'Outlander' could qualify as a boy movie I suppose - just. Bailey's character was secondary to the main plot which is not always enough to be included in the august listings on BA.
Jim Caveizel also appeared with Ben Tibber in 'I Am David' though in a minor role.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01. Sep 2014 at 13:36
Print Post  
The first movie I saw Jim in was Pay It Forward! I found out recently  that he is from Seattle, which is not too far from where I live! But I'm sure he doesn't live there now, at least not full time because of his busy work schedule. So it looks to me like he enjoys working with boys! which is a plus for us! Grin

Thanks Bowser, I probably should have watched it a 2nd time, I didn't get to watch it til late Saturday evening, so I didn't have time for a 2nd viewing. Netflix takes a total of 3 days from the time you mail your DVDs, til you get new ones back, so it's kinda force of habit for me to get them in the mail on Saturdays, so I have the new one by my next days off! I did think it seemed a little odd that there were no opening credits for this movie, I wasn't aware that they ran out of money before the completion.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01. Sep 2014 at 13:43
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 31. Aug 2014 at 21:42:
Jim Caveizel also appeared with Ben Tibber in 'I Am David' though in a minor

I Am David is one of my faves! Ben Tibber was great! Jim's character died to protect David! or David would have been shot for stealing the soap.
It was a wonderful story of endurance and will to survive.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 01. Sep 2014 at 22:17
Print Post  
Smiley Where to Find the DVD ?

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 13. Sep 2014 at 14:50
Print Post  
Nérodiaman wrote on 01. Sep 2014 at 22:17:
Where to Find the DVD ?

I Am David is available at Netflix and at one time, was also availible at stagevu.com, but I'm not sure if it still is.
Outlander is available at Netflix for rent by mail, on Blu Ray BTW. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print