Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Under Wraps (1997) (Read 2,573 times)
bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Under Wraps (1997)
28. Nov 2014 at 13:50
Print Post  
Under Wraps (1997)

I really enjoyed this film!  This film was actually scheduled to be screen at our Halloween Weekend Bash a few weeks ago.  But for some reason it didn't get played???
Last night our Thanksgiving Bash began and since this film was in the que, we played it.  Under Wraps (1997) was a great movie!

Everyone loved it, especially the young ones.  To be sure, it is aimed at the younger target audience (made by Disney and had a simplistic, goofy plot).

The film was very well made, photographed by Mark W. Gray and the editing by Norman Hollyn was spot-on for comedic timing.  Mario Yedidia, Adam Wylie, and Clara Bryant worked extremely well together as an ensemble trio.  They were great together, making you feel like they were the best of friends. 

There were two small parts for newcomers Joshua Dennis as 'Leonard' and Trenton Gaucher as 'Movie Ben' (their only movie credits on imdb).

Ed Lauter played the villain and delivered a great performance.  Even though this was a comedy kids movie, Ed Lauter was very intense.  So nice to have a good scary villain in the film instead of the usual bumbling-oaf villain.

Definitely worth a look, especially when screening it to a younger audience.

Mario Yedidia is one of my favorite actors.  Wish he would have made more films!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Re: Under Wraps (1997)
Reply #1 - 30. Nov 2014 at 17:14
Print Post  
I just watched this gem of a movie! Mario was great! I don't understand WHY the powers that be, insist on giving first billing to anyone other than the Actor that has the lead roll! Mario is the lead in this movie, but Adam Wylie got first billing, It might have to do with salary, Adam might have been paid just a bit more than Mario. They both did excellent! The Mummy was hilarious! When I have the time, I'm going to run the movie again and do some screen caps to submit for a Gallery, and hopefully a Moderator will be willing to create a page for this movie. my days off are Thursday and Friday, so I'll work on it then! Mario was a great boy actor, it's a shame he did only a few projects. Actually up til now, "Jack" was the only thing i had seen Mario in, this was a much better performance for him! and so cute doing it! Grin

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #2 - 30. Nov 2014 at 17:28
Print Post  
Gallery for Under Wraps (1997) is here:

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01. Dec 2014 at 04:13
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 30. Nov 2014 at 17:28:
Gallery for Under Wraps (1997) is here:

Thanks B! you just saved me the trouble! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print