Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Dance of Reality (Read 2,565 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

The Dance of Reality
06. Jun 2016 at 14:55
Print Post  

In Tocopilla, a Chilean little town between the sea and the desert, the son of an uprooted couple, formed by a rigorous communist father and a loving but weak mother, tries to pave his own path in a society that does not understand their Jewish-Ukrainian origins. Based on Alejandro Jodorowsky's life.  Blending his personal history with metaphor, mythology and poetry, The Dance of Reality reflects Jodorowsky's philosophy that reality is not objective but rather a "dance" created by our own imaginations.

Jeremias Herskovits as the boy Alejandro

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

If you are a fan of Jodorowsky's previous movies, you will probably like this one.  We can see some themes from the previous movies done again here.

One commenter on IMDb thinks this is Jodorowsky's best movie.  I don't agree.  (Maybe only someone who was himself living in Chile during those hard times might think so.)

Some readers of this board may remember some of Jodorowsky's previous movies because of the nudity.  There is plenty of graphic nudity in this new movie.  Nowadays of course it involves only adult actors.  When the kiddies compare penises and find out Alejandro is Jewish, it is done strictly symbolically.
Those who remember nude scenes long ago with the 8-year-old Brontis Jodorowski may compare with those here with the 50-year-old Brontis.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: The Dance of Reality
Reply #1 - 06. Jun 2016 at 15:56
Print Post  
Smiley I have seen this very good movie same months ago. I have liked very much the very good play of Jérémias HERSKOVITS. My movie rating is 8/10 !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print