Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Walking Dead: Chandler Riggs. (Read 6,414 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

The Walking Dead: Chandler Riggs.
19. Jan 2018 at 21:43
Print Post  
I see the American TV series 'The Walking Dead' is listed on BA but there are no details. This is a great horror series, well acted and quite gripping and a credit to the story writers. It concerns a plague that had caused the majority of the population to become zombies or 'biters' as they are referred to in the film. Chandler Riggs plays Carl, the son of the local sheriff, who is one of several survivors who are battling against the biters and sometimes amongst themselves. Like many American productions like this, it is superbly acted with endless characters coming and going. I have the first three seasons and have enjoyed it very much. Chandler has quite an active role in the story. Anyone seen it?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Chandler Riggs.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Gold Member

Re: The Walking Dead: Chandler Riggs.
Reply #1 - 21. Jan 2018 at 20:46
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 19. Jan 2018 at 21:43:
Anyone seen it?

[url=http://forum.boyactors.org.uk/gallery/Ivor_Leslie/1516398146/chandler-riggs-biography.jpg][/url]

I have actually made a point NOT to watch this show, I don't like it when Hollywood uses gore to tell a story, and as much as I like boys, I still find it very hard to watch the show, even though it has had a large amount of very cute boys in it, but, I may give it a try, we'll see!

IP Logged

Felix

BA Member

Reply #2 - 22. Jan 2018 at 01:07
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 19. Jan 2018 at 21:43:
Anyone seen it?

I avoided the show for years, until I saw a Bad Lip Reading parody which cracked me up and I liked Chandler in it and the woman who plays Michonne. So I decided to give it a chance. I found the first five seasons on blu-ray used at a good price.

I wanted to like the show. Call me wimpy if you like. I'm too soft. I couldn't stand all the violence, nihilism, darkness, dreary, depressing... the gore nauseated me (every single episode I managed to make it through made me want to vomit).  All the death was too much for me. The production and acting were superb, first rate, just not my cup of tea, I'm afraid.

A TV series about life in what I would describe as a literal Hell is not entertainment to me. It is torture.

However, the Bad Lip Reading Walking and Talking Dead clips are hilarious. They make me laugh until I'm in tears.   (replace * with t below , trying to avoid direct linking)

h** (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

h** (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

- Felix

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 22. Feb 2018 at 05:32
Print Post  
I liked the first few seasons of the show. Something really disturbing happens to Carl in Season 4, but after that his character doesn't really have much to do and the writers make poor choices. There's now some bad blood between Chandler, his father, and the showrunners and the network.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 16. Mar 2018 at 20:14
Print Post  
I'm into season five and I've enjoyed the series up till now. It's about an apocalyptic situation with lots of zombies (walkers) so I know what to expect - gore wise. Walking Dead is a bit 'talky' in places with endless conversation pieces between the characters but generally it keeps up a good action pace.
nightwatcher: Has there been some trouble behind the scenes, when you refer to the 'bad blood'?

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 04. Jan 2019 at 21:39
Print Post  
Whaaat? Those bastard writers have killed off Carl Grimes, played by the attractive Chandler Riggs in Season 8, after he was bitten by a walker. I was terribly saddened at this totally unnecessary death in the series so much I was in tears watching the poor teen gasping out his last to his distraught father played by Andrew Lincoln. Apparently, Chandler didn't even want to leave the show. I understand Andrew Lincoln is leaving too though I don't know whether that's because he wants to or has been 'killed off'.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I read that Walking Dead fans are in uproar about the boy's death and the possibilities of getting around it. He was a major character and required to lead the group if his dad was killed. I believe the particular episode was written by a woman so what can you expect. Now we are left with female characters who are either over emotional, bitchy or plain boring.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print