Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) The Alienist (Read 10,307 times)
diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: The Alienist
Reply #15 - 21. Mar 2018 at 11:40
Print Post  
Three more of Matt Lintz. The first is from "Pixels" (2015):

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I've used the last image for his profile page:

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #16 - 21. Mar 2018 at 16:43
Print Post  
A limited series is like a normal series, but capped at fewer episodes than a traditional broadcast show (usually 10-13 vs the standard 22 eps/season in the US). It can last for as many seasons as the network wants. A mini series is a one-off, like a movie broken down into several parts.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #17 - 21. Mar 2018 at 18:12
Print Post  
Thanks! I understand that "The Alienist" presents a completed story arc which comes to a conclusion that wraps everything up, and which covers the whole of the novel on which it was based. And furthermore, that there are no plans for a further season. This is what confused me, since it makes it indistinguishable in practice from a miniseries. I don't know. Perhaps with "The Alienist" the producers wanted to keep open the option of a further season involving a completely different story. Anyway, I've changed the designation on the profile page from TV Mini-Series to TV Series.  Smiley

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #18 - 21. Mar 2018 at 19:51
Print Post  
Sure! "Limited series" seems to serve as a kind of weasel wording which can be used to soften the PR blow of cancelling a low-rated show. Or, if it does well, renew it when that wasn't the plan. As I recall, the same thing happened with Under the Dome. The first season covers the events of the novel, but it was so successful they brought it back the next summer and had to expand the plot beyond the book.

Thanks for making the page!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print