Normal Topic Shazam! (Read 4,671 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Shazam!
22. Jul 2018 at 16:01
Print Post  
Shazam! (2019)

teaser trailer  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Jack Dylan Grazer      ...      Freddy Freeman

Asher Angel      ...      Billy Batson

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Shazam!
Reply #1 - 28. Jul 2018 at 20:13
Print Post  
On the face of it this film looks interesting and with Asher Angel playing Captain Marvel even better. However, unfortunately when he says 'shazam' he becomes an ADULT Captain Marvel ... not so interesting. Jack Dylan Grazer looks just passable as Captain Marvel Junior who, in the comics, is supposed to be around 15 years of age and he stays that way when he becomes the young superhero. I fear this production, coming as it does from puritan USA, will have no teen superheroes allowed to fly around in tights. Boo. I, therefore, doubt if this film will make its way into the BA movie list.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Shazam!
Reply #2 - 28. Jul 2018 at 20:21
Print Post  
I've already added the actors, and I'll be happy to add the movie to the database once it is released (though someone might have to remind me at the time) - don't forget, inclusion in the database does not imply approval of the product.  Smiley

It might be interesting to compare and contrast the production with the 1941 serial "The Adventures of Captain Marvel", which starred the twenty-something - but still very appealing - Junior Coghlan.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print