Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Stanley Fafara (Read 4,229 times)
Carl

BA Member

Stanley Fafara
20. Sep 2018 at 20:24
Print Post  

Nature of death: acute hepatitis

YouTube  
IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Stanley Fafara
Reply #1 - 20. Sep 2018 at 23:21
Print Post  
Thanks. I know that many actor database profiles specify the precise medical causes of death after the date of death, but to be perfectly honest I'm not sure I approve of this rather ghoulish practice. We are all mortal, and we shall all end up dying of some perfectly boring and banal illness. The fact that the precise cause of someone's death happened to be hepatitis, or kidney complications, or whatever, is scarcely noteworthy. For this reason, unless the cause of death is genuinely interesting - being nibbled to death by a Thomson's Gazelle, or something - I don't intend to add the cause of death to actor profiles. The other database administrators can do as they please, of course.

I have, however, corrected a factual error on Fafara's page, and completed his acting credits. ((I am sceptical of IMDb's claim that he guest starred in "Man Without a Gun". IMDb says that he was credited as 'Tiger' Fafara. Since, however, Stanley had a brother who was actually called Tiger, and who was guest starring in numerous shows around this time, it seems more likely that it was he, and not Stanley, who starred in this serial - more likely than that the programme makers mixed Stanley up with his brother, and credited the wrong sibling!))
« Last Edit: 21. Sep 2018 at 14:52 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 21. Sep 2018 at 10:39
Print Post  
Shocked Where are the pics ?

IP Logged

Carl

BA Member

Reply #3 - 17. Oct 2018 at 04:37
Print Post  
I have a tendency to disagree as to whether or not we should list cause of death. Understandably a person dying at a ripe old age can be safely assumed to be of natural causes, and for this I may see an exception. But unfortunately not all do live at a ripe old age. Some do die prematurely because of accidents or some other unforeseen events and I feel this data should be duly noted. When one sees a person's death is at the age of 20, 30 or thereabouts, it would be nice to know just exactly what happened. I realized this is my opinion, and maybe my opinion doesn't matter, but I have seen instances within my circle of movie friends that this data does matter, especially when one's life full expectancy has not been met.

YouTube  
IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 17. Oct 2018 at 11:10
Print Post  
Well, you make an interesting point. I think what I don't like is seeing the cause of death listed at the top of the page, as though it's the most interesting thing about the actor; I'd prefer it just mentioned at the end of a biography - though of course writing a biography would take a bit of work. Still, on reconsideration, I don't want to discourage members from suggesting updates, so I've added the cause of death to the page. I personally am not enthusiastic about it, but I can live with it!  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print