Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What's New (Read 96,132 times)
diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: What's New
Reply #75 - 11. Feb 2020 at 09:24
Print Post  
Apologies for the relative lack of additions to the database in the last week. I have been somewhat preoccupied, and tomorrow I have a dental operation (ugh!), so probably won't be in much of a mood to work on the database then. However, I shall return as quickly as possible - I'm determined to get the number of films over the 5000 mark! Any suggestions for films to add to the database would be most welcome. In the meantime, here's a publicity picture of Ike Eisenmann with Bette Davis and Christopher Lee in "Return from Witch Mountain" (1978).

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Uncertain

BA Member

Reply #76 - 12. Feb 2020 at 22:34
Print Post  
I'm fairly new to this page and only occasionally read the posts in the forum. And when I'm here I read a lot about the forum not being as active as it once was. I think that's just the nature of things, people moved to Discord and Reddit.

But I just wanna let you know that the database regardless is an incredible resource to find great and unknown movies. You don't get that anywhere else, especially for finding older and foreign movies that you don't see anywhere. I hope we never lose it and I'm thankful to everyone who still adds new movies and actors! I've watched about 10 movies that I found with your website and 9 of them were great and one was The Painted House which I only watched because I wanted a movie with Logan Lerman.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #77 - 14. Feb 2020 at 21:51
Print Post  
I hope Ike Eissenmann is on his good behaviour in the presence of the illustrious Bette Davis and Christopher Lee.   Wink

Thanks, diogenes.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #78 - 15. Feb 2020 at 17:33
Print Post  
Uncertain wrote on 12. Feb 2020 at 22:34:
But I just wanna let you know that the database regardless is an incredible resource to find great and unknown movies. You don't get that anywhere else, especially for finding older and foreign movies that you don't see anywhere. I hope we never lose it and I'm thankful to everyone who still adds new movies and actors!

Thanks! I also think that it's a marvellous resource.

IP Logged

Moony1980
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #79 - 15. Feb 2020 at 19:32
Print Post  
I hope that this forum will be very busy soon

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #80 - 18. Feb 2020 at 10:36
Print Post  
Oh, you have to watch the trailer for "The Decision of Christopher Blake" - it's so wonderfully treacly! Of course, now I want to see the movie.

IP Logged

Moony1980
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #81 - 18. Feb 2020 at 19:15
Print Post  

his mother die when is 4 qnd half year old

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #82 - 22. Feb 2020 at 20:11
Print Post  
Devotees of Luke Ward-Wilkinson might like to view this rather charming Tribute to the actor on YouTube:

I've added a link to this video to his profile page.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #83 - 23. Feb 2020 at 14:45
Print Post  
Fans of "Searching for Bobby Fischer" (1993) will probably already know that the film is based on the boyhood of real-life chess prodigy Josh Waitzkin (b. 1976). If you are interested in chess, then you can see an analysis of one of Josh's classic games here:

Below: Josh Waitzkin

« Last Edit: 23. Feb 2020 at 15:46 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #84 - 26. Feb 2020 at 16:51
Print Post  
Just added "Adventure Boyz" (2019) to the database. Here's the synopsis:

When England's largest castle is robbed of jewels by a notorious crime boss, the last thing he and his criminal gang expect to be up against is two boys on BMX bikes! When the Harris boys' mother leaves her sons with their Speedway racer father, they find that their 'old school' dad disapproves of the time they spend on electronic devices and tries to remind them of the exhilaration of real life adventure. A twist of fate leads the boys to uncover the castle jewel theft - but in the process gets their father arrested for the crime. Can these intrepid boys use their dad's training to catch the real crooks and get their father out of jail in time for his Speedway race?

Well, yes, probably. I mean it would be a most unfortunate end to a family movie if their dad got banged up for 20 years, and was then gang-raped in the prison showers. Though this would make a delightfully unexpected plot twist. Well anyway, here's the (rather overlong) trailer, which I think is hilarious. (It also contains a spoiler or two!)

The director has cast himself as the hero-dad of the movie!

I love the bit where the father says: 'my boys are watching - if they see me walk away like this what does that teach them?' Maybe that there's such a thing as Objective Reality which has an annoying tendency to be independent of human wishes. 'I want them to know anything is possible.' he burbles. Um... except that's not true, is it? What an imbecilic proposition. If we believe that something becomes true simply because we say it, then we end up as Boris Johnson. Not good.

Anyway, the two young lads (the director's sons) are Rory and Felix Ford. Rory's the blond one.

« Last Edit: 26. Feb 2020 at 18:36 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #85 - 28. Feb 2020 at 21:25
Print Post  
diogenes: I remember Luke Ward-Wilkinson in 'The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey'. Good seasonal film and good acting from Luke.
Thanks for the great video though no clips from the film I've just mentioned. I liked him in his soldier's uniform. Luke certainly improved, looks-wise, with age.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #86 - 28. Feb 2020 at 22:05
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 28. Feb 2020 at 21:25:
Luke certainly improved, looks-wise, with age.

I agree! The person who uploaded the YouTube tribute no doubt thought so too, which is why he only showed clips from his later performances.  Smiley

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #87 - 06. Mar 2020 at 13:48
Print Post  
I am a huge devotee of Rumpole of the Bailey, and have recently been viewing the series for the umpteenth time, making a note of the (very rare) guest appearance from a boy actor. In Season 2, episode 5, the very elegant Earl Rhodes has a small part - although, annoyingly, he tends to be filmed from an angle that obscures his face. Nevertheless, undaunted, I was able to extract a few caps for a Gallery on Earl Rhodes' profile page.

Below are a couple of screencaps (subtitles not included in gallery pictures). It's great to see a schoolboy puffing away merrily on a cigar!

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #88 - 12. Mar 2020 at 17:12
Print Post  
I added "Gostya" ("Guest", 2015) to the database today. It can be viewed online, but unfortunately I can't find any English subtitles. The reason why I added the movie to the database is because I think the poster is really superb - a work of art:

IP Logged

Moony1980
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #89 - 12. Mar 2020 at 20:48
Print Post  

I got some more infortmation about this movie

is said

Aglaya, a museum expert, comes to a country house to evaluate old books. The hosts, an ordinary-looking family, amaze the guest with a cold welcome, jealously defending their usual way of life.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 
Print