Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic How do you find good movies? (Read 5,798 times)
darrell

BA Member

How do you find good movies?
31. Oct 2018 at 03:41
Print Post  
perhaps there should be a section that sorts movies by highest or most ratings. And also actors by highest or most ratings. otherwise how do I find something good to watch?

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: How do you find good movies?
Reply #1 - 31. Oct 2018 at 13:29
Print Post  
darrell wrote on 31. Oct 2018 at 03:41:
perhaps there should be a section that sorts movies by highest or most ratings

There is! On the database homepage, click on 'Movies' on the bar at the very top of the page to the right of the BoyActors logo. Scroll down to 'All by Rating'. Click this, et voilà! Highest rated movie: "La Gloire de mon père" (1990) - essential viewing for any devotee of boys in movies. (You can also find the lowest rated movie - with the very apt title of "Major Payne"!!)

Also, you can find which movie pages have been most visited. On the homepage, click 'Statistics for the Movies in the Database' under 'Movie Lists'. However, note that the entry which will appear at the top, "Big" (1988), is (I believe) completely bogus. Sometimes, when I've been doing something on the database, the database will switch to this page as a sort of default page - so the page views for this page are not (I assume) a result of anyone actually wanting to visit this page, but are simply due to a glitch in the database. Hence, the most (intentionally) visited movie page is that for the next one down, namely "The Genesis Children" (1972).

You can also do the same for actors (click on 'Most Popular Actor by Page Views' under 'Actor Lists'). Again, ignore the first entry (David Moscow, whose page is linked to the page for the movie "Big"). The most (intentionally) visited actor page is that for Christian Bale.
« Last Edit: 31. Oct 2018 at 22:31 by diogenes »  

IP Logged

darrell

BA Member

Re: How do you find good movies?
Reply #2 - 01. Nov 2018 at 07:34
Print Post  
thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print