Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Danny de Munk and Silver Metz (Read 3,735 times)
diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Danny de Munk and Silver Metz
13. May 2019 at 12:57
Print Post  
Danny de Munk (of "Ciske de Rat" fame) became a bit of a pop star in the Netherlands. The link below is to a YouTube of his duet with André Hazes on the latter's song "Toe Nou, Kom Weer Thuis" ("Come Home, Come Home Again"):

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Many years later, Dutch boy Silver Metz was to star as young Ciske in the stage musical of "Ciske de Rat", alongside Danny de Munk, who now played the adult Ciske looking back on his childhood.

De Munk decided to perform the duet ""Toe Nou, Kom Weer Thuis", which he had performed as a boy with Hazes, with Silver Metz as his partner, on the show "Holland Zingt Hazes" ("Holland Sings Hazes"). At one point you can see that whilst they are singing, they are showing the earlier Hazes/de Munk performance on a monitor:

Metz was in a short film called "Good Deeds", but I haven't been able to find the full film online, just a trailer.

For something a bit jauntier, here's Danny from yesteryear singing "Mijn stad (poep op de stoep)" ["My City (Poop on the Pavement)"], his ode to his home city of Amsterdam:

I love the fact that when the camera turns to the audience (about 1:42) they're all clapping along except a girl on the right of the front row, who is adopting a pose of studied boredom and indifference!

Hazes/de Munk:

de Munk/Metz:

de Munk/Metz - monitor top-left shows old de Munk performance:

de Munk "Mijn stad":

de Munk "Mijn stad" - bored girl in audience:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print