Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic American Gothic (2016) ~ Gabriel Bateman (Read 3,630 times)
nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

American Gothic (2016) ~ Gabriel Bateman
16. Jun 2019 at 18:35
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

A rather lousy, by-the-numbers murder mystery that aired on CBS in summer 2016. Not related to the show with the same title on the same network that aired twenty years earlier. The patriarch of Boston's elite Hawthorne family dies suddenly, just as a strange box is found in his closet which points to him potentially being an infamous serial killer. Gabriel Bateman is the 'creepy' youngest member of the family who dreams of being a medical examiner when he grows up and slices the tail off of the neighbor's cat (fortunately, not on screen). There's one interesting moment in the pilot when he bonds with his similarly eccentric uncle, who returns from the woods of Maine after many years off the grid, but not enough for me to stick with the show for episode 2. If you are a Gabriel Bateman fan, it may be worthwhile to check out, as he is a main character and in all of the episodes.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: American Gothic (2016) ~ Gabriel Bateman
Reply #1 - 16. Jun 2019 at 21:41
Print Post  
Thanks for this review. Other online reviews seem to agree with you! I've added the series to the database. As an ailurophile I think anyone who harms a cat should be hung, drawn and quartered. I notice that the whole series is free with my Amazon Prime, so I might give the first episode a go at some point - for the sake of Gabriel Bateman.

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: American Gothic (2016) ~ Gabriel Bateman
Reply #2 - 17. Jun 2019 at 03:00
Print Post  
Indeed, to the budding sociopaths out there, humans are fair game -- but leave the innocent animals out of it!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print