Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Karakum (1994) (Read 3,674 times)
nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Karakum (1994)
30. Jul 2019 at 20:10
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

13-year old German boy Robert (Max Kullman) takes a trip to Turkmenistan to locate his father, who is working on an oil rig in the desert. On his journey, he encounters the local boy Murad (Murad Orazov), who agrees to help on the search. When their tour guide's truck breaks down, the two have to fend for themselves in the unforgiving terrain as they continue the attempt to locate Robert's dad.

According to BFI, Karakum was released as a feature film as well as a four-part TV miniseries. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

There is a DVD available in the original German, as well as a rip from a TV broadcast on YouTube. There may or may not be a version with English subtitles floating around; the DVD cover is partially in English. A YouTube review of several Turkmeni films lists it as one of the few that was available in English. If anyone has more info that would be helpful.

IP Logged

Cal

BA Member

Re: Karakum (1994)
Reply #1 - 31. Jul 2019 at 04:37
Print Post  
Thanks. Unfortunately the youtube vid of this movie is almost impossible to endure as it has a Russian voice over the top of the original dialogue. Perhaps the average Russian is incapable of reading subtitles. I'll add this film to my watch list.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 31. Jul 2019 at 09:14
Print Post  
Cal wrote on 31. Jul 2019 at 04:37:
Unfortunately the youtube vid of this movie is almost impossible to endure as it has a Russian voice over the top of the original dialogue.

So it does. I didn't notice this when I included a link to it on the movie profile page. (The film also cuts out completely at about 40:50.) I agree, it's completely unendurable, so I've removed the link. We have to have some standards! If anyone wants to view it the video is here:

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 08. Sep 2019 at 18:19
Print Post  
Two good looking boy actors in this movie which seems to have a good plot line. I like Murad's black curly hair.   Smiley

Thanks, 'nightwatcher'.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print