Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Zlogonje (2018) a.k.a. The Witch Hunters (Read 6,410 times)
Kauw39

BA Member

Zlogonje (2018) a.k.a. The Witch Hunters
25. Oct 2019 at 02:22
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

"10-year-old Jovan has a partial cerebral palsy for as long as he can remember himself. His condition has shaped his everyday life and made him thinking of himself as invisible to others - to his parents and his classmates. Therefore, through the power of imagination the boy often escapes to a fantasy world, where he is free to be who he wants and to have super hero powers everyone dreams of. The (extra)ordinary life he is used to is suddenly shaken by a new classmate Milica. Step by step brave and determined Milica tears down the wall Jovan built around himself. The newly befriended girl invites him into real life adventure - to liberate her father from his new wife - Milica's stepmother - who she believes is a witch, who cast a spell on him. To embark on the greatest adventure beyond his imagination - life - and become a true hero Jovan has to learn to accept himself for who he is."

Zlogonje (2018) a.k.a. The Witch Hunters is excellent Serbian coming-of-age/adventure film, one of my favourites from the recent years. Excellent acting from both leads, and the boy (Mihajlo Milavić) did very good job in portraying all the layers of his character, a character which is central to the story and its themes. I haven't seen this film in the database, so I am writing about it. Big recommendation!

Trailer:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print