Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Lord of the Flies (planned) (Read 7,578 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Lord of the Flies (planned)
29. Apr 2020 at 10:12
Print Post  
The New LORD OF THE FLIES Movie Will Be Written By A MONSTER CALLS Writer Patrick Ness

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

LINK: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Warner Bros. is moving forward with their plans to adapt William Golding’s influential 1954 novel Lord of the Flies with the hiring of screenwriter Patrick Ness. New is the author of the YA best-sellers Chaos Walking and A Monster Calls. He also wrote the screenplay for A Monster Calls, which was a wonderfully written film.

The movie is being directed by Call Me by Your Name and Suspiria director Luca Guadagnino, and he previously said that he plans to develop a story that “stays true to the text but with a contemporary, ultra-kinetic feel.”

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Lord of the Flies (planned)
Reply #1 - 29. Apr 2020 at 12:12
Print Post  
This is most interesting. Naturally, one doesn't want to be totally dismissive until one has seen the finished film - and I did think highly of "Call Me by Your Name", of which Luca Guadagnino was the director - but I think it would be difficult these days for a LOTF funded by a mainstream producer (in this case Warner Bros.) to be produced without political correctness raising its ugly head. But, anyway, we'll see. The only contemporary director who I would trust to make an authentic LOTF would be Ivan Noel.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 01. May 2020 at 20:11
Print Post  
This isn't the project they intend to have an all girl cast instead of boys is it? I remember reading somewhere (probably on BA) where another film was going to be made of LOTF but with girls. Absolute blasphemy of course so I hope this isn't that one.

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 03. May 2020 at 03:49
Print Post  
The infamous girl version was (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links):

Quote:
In the latest news on the front of “Lord of the Flies,” which Guadagnino is set up to direct for Warner Bros., the film has landed young-adult novelist and “A Monster Calls” scribe Patrick Ness as the screenwriter. There were previously talks of a gender-bent production, swapping in a group of school girls for the boys in the 1954 novel who, marooned on a desert island, unravel into savagery and madness. The screenplay was originally reported to come from Nicole Perlman and Geneva Robertson-Dworet — scribes behind such recent action tentpoles including “Captain Marvel,” “Guardians of the Galaxy,” and “Tomb Raider.” But now, Guadagnino and Ness’ version will hew closer to the source material, sticking to the all-male ensemble, according to the latest reports.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print