Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Equilibrium (2002) ~ Matthew Harbour (Read 7,864 times)
nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Equilibrium (2002) ~ Matthew Harbour
30. May 2020 at 01:42
Print Post  
Mediocre dystopian thriller with questionable politics (apparently you must choose either NO WAR or NO FEELING). Being an American film from 2002, Saddam Hussein is showcased as one of the evil men of history.. Matthew Harbour plays the son of Christian Bale's enforcer-turned-revolutionary, and seems to be a budding authoritarian himself, chronicling any times his father misses a dose of the numbing drug Prozium. There are some interesting aesthetics but mostly this is a derivative and rather plodding film.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Equilibrium (2002) ~ Matthew Harbour
Reply #1 - 30. May 2020 at 15:33
Print Post  
Thanks for the review. It does sound rather derivative...

I've added the film to the database:

By the way, does anyone know from which film the following picture of Matthew Harbour derives (sorry the picture's so tiny):

IP Logged

nightwatcher
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 30. May 2020 at 17:17
Print Post  
I'm not sure. I tried reverse image searching but no luck. It seems possible it was a TV movie that has been mostly lost to time. I did come across (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) of Harbour that was interesting;

Quote:
A native of Montreal, Quebec, screen actor Matthew Harbour grew up in a rural community with his family and experienced tragedy at the age of nine months when his father suddenly died. During his primary school years, he paradoxically displayed an intense, aggressive interest in all things athletic, and yet a slightly shy introversion. This fully explained the young man's gravitation to drama: through acting, Harbour gained the strength and courage to be more outward. Exposed to the professional work of his thespian brother, Matthew discovered his life's calling, snagged an agent, and began signing for work in commercials. He began his feature career as a child star around age 10, and for several years did the bulk of his work in family oriented material (on the big and small screens). Projects included The Growing Pains Movie (2000), Daniel and The Superdogs (2004), and The Velveteen Rabbit (2009) (in the lead role of Toby Morgan).
— Nathan Southern, Rovi

I wonder how Mr. Southern was able to ascertain this information...

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 31. May 2020 at 12:31
Print Post  
The picture of Matthew Harbour was probably taken from when he starred in 'Silent Night' as young Fritz Vincken. A war film with a social message. Here he is with three other members of the cast ...

However, I found the teen actor Cassian Bopp more attractive.

Thanks, nightwatcher, for the clips from Equilibrium.

IP Logged

diogenes
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 31. May 2020 at 17:53
Print Post  
Thanks to nightwatcher for the biographical details - and Cinefan for pointing me in the direction of "Silent Night". I managed to establish that the picture I supplied is definitely from "Silent Night" - for some reason the first 28 minutes of the movie is on Vimeo ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)) and at around 23:20 the following image of Matthew occurs:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print