Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Little Bird Boy (2002) (Read 5,036 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Little Bird Boy (2002)
18. Aug 2002 at 13:47
Print Post  

In the hope that Josephk will be sufficiently motivated to attend the WFF this year, I am listing some other films of interest that are scheduled to appear this year. Hopefully these titles will be available to all eventually.

Since most of these films are unseen, I am including a synopsis rather than a review and a picture if available.
The synopsis for the Little Bird Boy is from the website of the Farabi Cinema Foundation.

Behrouz, an eleven-year-old boy who is able to imitate the singing birds perfectly, is hired by a bird hunter since his father is in deep trouble. The bird hunter intends to either use the boy's voice during the hunting or make him hide under a big cage in the city for selling his cheap birds at high prices thanks to the voice. There comes a little girl along with her mother from Azerbaijan Republic. She discovers Behrouz's hiding place and buys a bird that does not sing. The little girl is sad and Behrouz goes to comfort her with his voice…

----------------------
image expired
« Last Edit: 29. Jun 2008 at 05:23 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Little Bird Boy (2002)
Reply #1 - 18. Aug 2002 at 16:35
Print Post  
I even like the title of this one. Smiley

I do hope it's released on dvd, and doesn't die the art festival death.

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Little Bird Boy (2002)
Reply #2 - 18. Aug 2002 at 18:22
Print Post  
<i>In the hope that Josephk will be sufficiently motivated to attend the WFF this year, I am listing some other films of interest that are scheduled to appear this year.</i>

Hey, thanks Zabladowski. That's very nice of you to think of me. These sure help to motivate me to go. (For those of you who are wondering, WFF is the World Film Festival, which takes place every year in Montreal. It's the second most important film festival in Canada, the first being the Toronto Film Festival. Although Toronto has a reputation from attracting more stars and big productions, Montreal's WFF is favoured by many film buffs who prefer smaller independent or arthouse productions.)

My plan was to go to Montreal this weekend and pick up the schedule and some tickets. Unfortunately, I caught some sort of flu and spent the weekend at home, not feling too good. I asked a friend of mine who is going to Montreal this week to pick me up a schedule, though. I can only affort to go for one weekend, but I'll look at what's playing and try to see a few good movies. Hopefully, tickets won't be sold out.

If I get to see any of these movies, I promise to give you all a detailed account. Stay tuned for updates! Smiley

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Little Bird Boy (2002)
Reply #3 - 19. Aug 2002 at 23:27
Print Post  
Joseph,

I hope everything works out for you to see many of these films. I am also uncertain about my plans for attending. In my case it depends on when certain films are being screened and whether they are available in English, as opposed to French, subtitled versions. If I can put together a compact schedule of films that I can understand, I'll likely go. If not, I guess there's always Toronto....

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Little Bird Boy (2002)
Reply #4 - 27. Aug 2002 at 01:38
Print Post  
I saw this film over the weekend at Montreal. The synopsis of the film that is listed is quite fair. I felt the story was a little slight for widespread distribution.
On the positive side, the cinematography was sharp and Behrouz was easy on the eyes. Worth your time, particularly so if you like Iranian films.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print