Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Two Summers (2002) (Read 3,935 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Two Summers (2002)
27. Aug 2002 at 02:38
Print Post  

Two Summers is a new Canadian film that had its World premiere on Saturday in Montreal. I was able to attend the premiere, where the film was introduced by its star, 12 year old Matthew Harbour and its director Bruce Lapointe. One of the neat things about film festivals is the opportunity for any moviegoer to meet people associated with the film they are viewing. Matthew was as charming in person as he was on film.

Josephk has already written a plot description of the film in his first report from the WFF found in the Movies & Boy-stars forum.

My comment is that the film still needed post-production work at the time I saw it, but once the evident technical glitches are ironed out, this will be seen as a decent small film. Matthew Harbour's portrayal of Lewis is the primary reason I would recommend seeing it.

I was able to find an interview with the director on the web at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
This site requires an Adobe acrobat reader to view (the interview is on page 16)  and does have a few grainy pictures of Matthew included for your perusal.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Two Summers (2002)
Reply #1 - 27. Aug 2002 at 07:47
Print Post  
Hey, you're taking credit for finding that link, which <i>I</i> posted first in my report! Cheesy

I am soooooo jealous that Zabladowski got to see Mathew Harbour introduce this film. Because of scheduling problems, I got to the screening late and missed the first few minutes of the film. I wasn't even aware that Mather Harbour was at the screening.

As I said in my initial comments on this film, this is not a big cinematic achievement or anything. But it's a good story, nicely told, and the boy at the centre of all the action is as talented as he is good-looking. That makes it definitely worth seeing for everyone here.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Two Summers (2002)
Reply #2 - 29. Aug 2002 at 00:58
Print Post  
I think it's a very pretty link, and the two of you are both nice to share it with us, along with these great reviews from the film festival. Thanks!  :biggrin:

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print