Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic To Azadi (2001) (Read 2,317 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

To Azadi (2001)
09. Sep 2002 at 23:16
Print Post  
To Azadi, screened in the US under the title "You Are Free" is another example of Iranian cinema that all here would find interesting. Like most Iranian films, I have no idea who plays the lead boy characters, but I was very affected by them when I had the pleasure of seeing this film last fall. The Farabi Cinema foundation provides the synopsis and picture.

A number of inmates from a reformatory school are released. The release decree stipulates that the younger boys are to be entrusted to their respective families or to centers of supervision. While Mohsen Qaderi's family fail to show up to take charge of their son, Sohrab who has no parents is not accepted at the government center of supervision. The film focuses on the real lives of these young boys, against a general background of reformed juvenile delinquents.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

What made the boy's troubles especially heartbreaking to me is that they could have been turned around; if the right someone was willing to care. It was pretty apparent that that kind of care was not going to be happening.
« Last Edit: 29. Sep 2003 at 20:50 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

To Azadi (2001)
Reply #1 - 11. Sep 2002 at 08:03
Print Post  
Well, heck. Send him to me, I'll watch over the little waif.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: To Azadi (2001)
Reply #2 - 29. Sep 2003 at 20:53
Print Post  
Stumbled across this pic (better than the "lost" original) at the website for the Copenhagen International Children's Film Festival. You Are Free will be presented there this week!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print