Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Boy Chior & Soloists site (Read 5,974 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Boy Chior & Soloists site
29. Sep 2002 at 06:29
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

---------------------------------------------------
images expired
« Last Edit: 23. Dec 2003 at 07:11 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #1 - 29. Sep 2002 at 23:38
Print Post  
This is a fantastic link, Cal!  I found other links from there to some music I've been looking for, and actually located 3 cd's tonight that I hadn't been able to find before. Thanks!  Smiley

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 29. Sep 2002 at 23:47
Print Post  
glad to be of service, sire.   Smiley

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Boy Chior & Soloists site
Reply #3 - 22. Dec 2003 at 13:52
Print Post  
aled jones is not happy.

according to gossip column in metro newspaper, he vetoed use of his "walking in the air" vocals on a dance mix of the seasonal classic.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 23. Dec 2003 at 07:23
Print Post  
Sounds like he takes his music just a little too seriously...

I think he's missing an opportunity to lure more people into appreciating the beauty of boy sopranos.  I remember when the upbeat 'Switched on Classics' was released a couple of decades ago, it introduced classic music to the common masses and interested large numbers of people into taking a greater interest in the real stuff.

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 23. Dec 2003 at 15:20
Print Post  
i agree.

they could sample peter auty instead who first recorded the song.

IP Logged

apple
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 24. Dec 2003 at 02:46
Print Post  
seasonal salutations to everyone on the board.

you'll have to imagine picture which accompanied subjoined times article-20th december :

December 20, 2003

Image of the week: King's Choristers

Aww, bless the little angels of the King’s College Chapel Choir, Cambridge. Here they lark about on the college court before performing a Christmas carols concert for local schoolchildren (who, uncouth wretches, probably just make fun of their soprano and treble ranges).

Like they care. The 16 choristers, aged between 9 and 13, are superstars. On Christmas Eve, Radio 4 and the World Service will broadcast live “a festival of nine lessons and carols” to an audience of 150 million, comprising such hardy perennials as Hark the Herald Angels Sing and O Come, O Come Emmanuel.

The King’s choristers have a workload that would make Britney pall. They’re auditioned at 6, and then, if accepted, have a two-year “probationary period”. Once in the choir proper, when everyone else knocks off school for the day, the boys have a daily practice, an hour-long service, and still homework to do after supper.

Stephen Cleobury, musical director and a cricket man, isn’t mad about them playing contact sports — the danger of ending up on crutches after a vigorous game of rugger could make their procession into church look a little messy.

On Tuesday the kids flew out to Amsterdam to perform. They have this weekend off. On Monday they pitch up at the Albert Hall. Come Christmas Day, when their peers are treading broken bits of Gameboy into the shagpile, they’ll be singing a Mozart Mass. They work full-time up to Easter, and go on tour in the summer. And these scrub-cheeked drayhorses are all paid the same modest annual fee.

Caroline Foster, their housemistress, claims the boys “are just really normal”: there’s no diva-ish stropping here. The worst it gets is calling chocolate chip cookies “dogpoos”, and ones with white chocolate bits “birdpoos”. And forget drugs. The biggest sin is an overindulgence in chocolate doughnuts — and they’re not allowed to drink fizzy drinks before a performance. “Like most boys, they just care about where their next meal is coming from,” says Foster.

But the choir — also made up of 14 choral scholars, predominantly undergraduates — isn’t totally devoid of intrigue. Even as they file into church for that big Christmas Eve concert, none of the boys knows which will be chosen to sing solo the first verse of the opening hymn, Once in Royal David’s City, live to the world.

Ten seconds before the performance, Cleobury signals the chosen one with his index finger. Choir Idol, then, by any other name.
----------
as a consolation prize - if you want - you can download a libera clip at this yahoo group.

"a new featured video here, a Christmas offering by the famous boy choir Libera. They perform `Twilight Is Stealing`, a song I myself had never heard until a few weeks ago, on the BBC's Songs Of Praise.

"You can download it from the files section.

"As it is in excess of 6MB, I split the video in two parts, which you need to rejoin with Splitter, a small program also available at this site."

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #7 - 26. Dec 2003 at 20:38
Print Post  
I couldn't get the vid to work. My download may have got corrupted..  so I tried again but unfortunately it wouldn't download for me a second time.

..and I missed the King's Choir which was shown here on TV Christmas Eve..  Sad

Pooop!

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

L'Or des Anges
Reply #8 - 12. Mar 2004 at 04:13
Print Post  

DVD May 26...
3 movies on one disk

L'Or des Anges
A Slight Fever
Rejoice

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #9 - 12. Mar 2004 at 11:35
Print Post  
Thanks for bringing up this new dvd, hosenhaus.   Grin

<i>DVD May 26...
3 movies on one disk</i>

Actually, I know you meant March 26th, instead of May.   Wink

I have the vhs that they did of L'Or des Anges before, but this new dvd with the extras like that film about Alexander and everything else that Philippe Reypens from the King's Group is including on it is something I've been waiting for!  I'm also looking forward to seeing the galleries, after reading this that Phillipe had to say:

<i>The Gallery given over to the work behind the scenes of the Trilogy gives an accurate idea of the friendly atmosphere that was always present during the filming. Martin Santander's photos, however, considerably surpass the work of a stage photographer. They are real works of art.</i>

It's going to be a bit pricey, but for all you get on it, I think it's a real bargain.

<i>Price : EUR 34,00
This item ships for FREE
Firm offer which remains from 26 March until 30 April
Region code :  All  This DVD is viewable everywhere in the world</i>

They aren't taking pre-orders. But, you can sign up for email reminders, which of course Sir J had to do, or risk forgetfulness, as always.  :erm:

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print