Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Notes from Mother (Read 3,517 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Notes from Mother
28. Oct 2002 at 22:46
Print Post  
<i>Notes from Mother</i> is a short film of a few minutes I caught on television some months ago. I'm pretty sure it's a Canadian production, but since there's no listing on IMDb, I'm not 100% sure.

The film tells a strange story about a boy who forges his mother's handwriting to deal with all kinds of situations that are bothering him. Short films are always better when you don't know what to expect, so I won't say much more about the plot.

To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the film. It's kind of neat and pleasant to watch, but I wouldn't say it's a major achievement or anything like that.

Noah Giffin plays the protagonist. He does have a profile on IMDb, although this film is not listed. I've never seen him in anything else. I'm not sure if I remember this correctly, but I think he doesn't say a single word in this film - although he appears in almost every frame from start to finish.

Anyway, here are some caps I made. I'm still experimenting with compression, touch-ups, colour correction, etc. Any tips or creative criticism on the quality of these caps is welcome. Keep in mind, though, they were captured from a video tape recorded on EP mode, so there's only so much I can do. Smiley

----------------
images expired
« Last Edit: 06. Jul 2008 at 19:07 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Notes from Mother
Reply #1 - 30. Oct 2002 at 06:25
Print Post  
Gorgeous face!
He looks a bit like Ryan Todd to me. I'm not sure if Ryan is Canadian though.
« Last Edit: 06. Mar 2004 at 21:51 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Notes from Mother
Reply #2 - 30. Oct 2002 at 18:11
Print Post  
The boy in the first 8 pics I posted is Noah Giffin, the main character in the short film. He does look a bit like Ryan Todd. (Great pic, by the way. Smiley Looks like it was taken on the set of <i>Backdraft</i>.)

The boy whose name I don't know is the one in the last two pics. He gets about five seconds of screen time.

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Notes from Mother
Reply #3 - 01. Nov 2002 at 18:22
Print Post  
That's incredible for EP tape. Good work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print