Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Little Secrets (2001) (Read 5,609 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Little Secrets (2001)
04. Feb 2003 at 20:47
Print Post  

Michael Angarano .... Philip
David Gallagher .... David
Micah Schow .... Gregory
Landon Kunzelman .... Mikey

I laughed.  I cried.  But then, I'm just an old softie...

This guy can hold the screen just with his face...  I think the last actor who did this for me was Bug Hall.

Maybe the script was a bit thin here and there, but there was enough to think about that I wasn't bored at all.

And, for the pressing question... does he like girls...

---------
images expired
« Last Edit: 08. Jul 2008 at 05:26 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

YoungArthur
Ex Member

Hagrid's Helper

Little Secrets
Reply #1 - 05. Feb 2003 at 16:33
Print Post  
Lol at that last one!  Incredible as it may sound, I don't think I have seen this handsome guy in a movie yet.  I am so far behind in checking out some well-known boyactors.

Thanks, hosenhaus Smiley

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Little Secrets
Reply #2 - 05. Feb 2003 at 16:47
Print Post  
My dvd of this one has been shipped, according to my email!

I hope it arrives today. :bigok:

I laughed.  I cried.  But then, I'm just an old softie... That makes me want to see it even more. I'm an old softie, too, and I wasn't expecting that from this movie.

Thanks for the caps, hosenhaus. Smiley

Love,
Sir J
« Last Edit: 08. Jul 2008 at 05:27 by Zabladowski »  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Little Secrets
Reply #3 - 06. Feb 2003 at 18:12
Print Post  
Michael is a bit older in the "making of" featurette when he talks about the movie.

"Little Secrets" was directed by Blair Treu, look at his movie credits:
  1. Little Secrets (2001)
  2. Brainiacs.com, The (2000)
  3. Phantom of the Megaplex (2000) (TV)
  8. Paper Brigade, The (1997) (V)
  9. Wish Upon a Star (1996)
 10. Just Like Dad (1996) (TV)

---------
image expired
« Last Edit: 06. Mar 2004 at 22:46 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Little Secrets
Reply #4 - 07. Feb 2003 at 19:31
Print Post  
Here's a question, if you've seen the movie:

"A person that will do that once, will do it again."

What does it mean?

The first time, I thought it meant a person who will tell a secret (Philip).  But the next time, I thought it meant a person who will drive drunk (David).

What do you think?

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Little Secrets
Reply #5 - 07. Feb 2003 at 20:23
Print Post  
I'm sure I'll eventually get around to seeing this movie, both these boys are all time favourites. I hope that they get an opportunity to get their teeth into something more substantial than lightweight fluff though...

Has Michael had many appearances in the latest season of Will and Grace?

Oh and I definitely prefer the full screen shot.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Little Secrets
Reply #6 - 07. Feb 2003 at 21:08
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote: from hosenhaus on 7:31 pm on Feb. 7, 2003
Here's a question, if you've seen the movie:

"A person that will do that once, will do it again."

What does it mean?

The first time, I thought it meant a person who will tell a secret (Philip).  But the next time, I thought it meant a person who will drive drunk (David).

What do you think?

I just saw it last night, and watched the extras on the dvd today. Smiley

I thought she was talking about telling the secret. Thanks for the question, though. That's another reason to go back and watch it again.  :biggrin:

Oh, hosenhaus, didn't you love the dance scene of Michael Angarano's?

Cal, I saw Michael on Will and Grace a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't been able to see the show but that once in the past several weeks.

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Little Secrets
Reply #7 - 07. Feb 2003 at 22:56
Print Post  
Hosenhaus,

I just watched this film tonight. I thought Emily was referring to drinking and driving, particularly because she mentioned that the driver who killed her parents did it again a year later.
BUT now that you mention it, I remember both Phillip and Emily break confidences twice.:confused:

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Little Secrets
Reply #8 - 08. Apr 2003 at 08:51
Print Post  
Since Hosenhaus linked to this thread from the trivia one, I might as well post this here.

I saw the movie this weekend and I must say it is very good. Every kids movie should be more like this; there's a good mixture of serious issues and light humour, and the film manages to have some very good messages for kids without hammering them with heavy morals or sounding preachy. It's the kind of kids movie that parents will be able to get into and enjoy, because it doesn't assume that every kid who watches it is an idiot so it has to dumb everything down for them.

Although the girl is the star of the movie (and that's not such a bad thing, because she's a good actress and her character is interesting), Michael Angarano was obviously the main attraction for me. He's such a gifted and natural actor, and his performance in this film is really fun to watch.

I didn't think David Gallagher was particularly  pleasing to the eye, nor is he brilliant as an actor. He does the job ok, but he has no chance in comparison to Michael Angarano. And yet the girl is in love with HIM, not Michael... go figure! Smiley I'll admit I was a bit over-the-top in my recent "shameful confession" thread - obviously there was a time when DG was very cute. But after watching this movie, I have to say that, sadly, that time is over! But then again, since I was never a big fan of him, maybe that plays into it. Did hard fans will probably still enjoy seeing him in this movie.

Listen to the DVD commentary by the director and the screenwriter if you have the time. It's always fun to hear a director talk about how talented the kid actors he's worked with are. He also has a few funny annecdotes to tell. Plus, I didn't mind watching a movie a second time to hear the commentary.

So I'm quite pleased with Little Secrets and I recommend it to anyone here, especially if you like Michael Angarano.

Stay tuned for a large gallery of DVD caps from this film, coming soon. I'll post a note in the Updates forum when it's ready.

PS: Oh, and that line about doing it twice, I think it was about the drunk driving.

(Edited by josephk at 9:52 am on April 8, 2003)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print