Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Nick Sterling (Read 2,444 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Nick Sterling
26. May 2003 at 11:39
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Nick Sterling
Reply #1 - 26. May 2003 at 15:23
Print Post  
Wow, Cal! That's one cute little guitar player! :bigok:

He doesn't exactly play my favorite types of music, but he's sure talented, too! Do you mind if I post his bio from his website here? I think we're going to be hearing a lot about him in the years to come, because that's world-class riff-playing I heard at the website. :biggrin:

<i>Nick was born on July 18th 1990 in Lake Havasu City, Arizona. He moved to Mesa, Arizona in December of 1995.

Nick received his first guitar for his 6th birthday, but he didn't get seriously into playing until the first part of 1998. It all started with a short tune on stage at a blues festival. From then on, Nick realized how much he loved the experience of being on stage in front of a live audience. He started sitting in with a couple of bands in the Phoenix area, honing his chops on the blues. Stevie Ray Vaughan and Jimi Hendrix were a big influence on Nick at this time. His real love of music came from guitar virtuosos though. Among his favorites are Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, John Petrucci, and Uli John Roth. These guitar players have provided Nick with much inspiration in the writing of his own music. Nick is also currently listening to Van Halen, Rush, Boston, Led Zeppelin & Thin Lizzy.

Nick is currently in 7th grade at Poston Jr. High. He is in the gifted program and plays stand up bass in the advanced school orchestra. He loves to play basketball and baseball in his spare time. His favorite instrument next to his guitars would have to be the drums. He started playing last year and has really excelled at it. Nick also plays the piano, sax & bass guitar.

In August of 2000, Nick traveled to Chicago to record his first CD. All of the songs were written by Nick during his summer break from school. The CD was released in November of 2000. Nick has completed most of the new material for his second CD and hopes to have it released in 2002.

Currently Nick is busy playing around the Phoenix metropolitan area. He has done over 100 shows and has played to 50,000+ crowds. He is also opening for some national acts as well, both in state and on the road. Nick hopes to continue to broaden his musical abilities and go wherever the music takes him.</i>

Thanks for posting the link and the pic, Cal. How do you find these treasures? :biggrin:

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Nick Sterling
Reply #2 - 26. May 2003 at 16:31
Print Post  
You guys just might get me interested in modern 'pop' music.   What a honey!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print