Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Love Actually (Read 2,842 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Love Actually
08. Nov 2003 at 16:18
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Love Actually  (2003)

Nine (or so) love stories all intermixed together.  The one of interest here features Thomas Sangster (more below).  Other boys in the film... Alan Rickman has two kids, a girl (who is the lobster in the play) and a boy.  Natalie has a brother (the octopus) played by Billy Campbell.

Thomas Sangster as Sam.  He's in love.  His step-dad (Liam Neeson) is asking about that:

"Is it someone in your class?"
Nod.
"What does she ... he ... think of you?"

Anyway, as one of nine stories, it doesn't get a lot of time.  But I liked the whole movie.  Even the mushy parts.

Rated R for language, nudity.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Love Actually
Reply #1 - 08. Nov 2003 at 18:35
Print Post  
<i>"Is it someone in your class?"
Nod.
"What does she ... he ... think of you?"</i>

Now that's an open-minded stepdad.  Smiley

Okay, I'll be watching it, just based on your recommendation, hosenhaus.  You've recommended a few others that are now in my collection, and I've never regretted adding them.  :bigok:

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 14. Feb 2004 at 16:10
Print Post  
I  just saw this today. Very good movie. Thomas Sangster is good, and there are a few other boys in the movie who get minimal screentime. As Hosenhaus said, even if the boy is not the main focus of the movie, the whole movie is quite pleasant to watch. Also, some of the scenes with Thomas are really very cute.

Not out on video yet, but scheduled for April 27 release in North America. Make a note of it. Worth a rental for sure.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 16. Feb 2004 at 06:52
Print Post  
Thomas Sangster is a terrific young actor. He's got a sensitivity that really appeals to me. I've watched Bobbie's Girl several times over the last few weeks on cable TV...  some of the scenes with Thomas are absolute gems.

I'm looking forward to Love Actually and I'm also anxiously awaiting the appearance of 'Entrusted' in which Thomas has the central role (although you wouldn't know it, by the way IMBd has the cast listed). I read the book 'Daddy' several years ago and thought then, that it would make an ideal movie.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print