Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Julie Walking Home -- tonight, Sundance (Read 3,679 times)
wwaabbiitt
Silver Member

Julie Walking Home -- tonight, Sundance
14. Dec 2003 at 16:31
Print Post  
Airs a few more times in December too, google Sundance Channel, top left for schedule.  Found nothing on it here using the "search."

Boy is played by Ryan Smith.

IMDb link:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Oh, and thanks again, Cameron for your list. Posting that here because  a gremlin must have messed with the date index, as someone already pointed out.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Julie Walking Home -- tonight, Sundance
Reply #1 - 18. Dec 2003 at 17:36
Print Post  
I missed it on the 14th, wwaabbiitt, but I'll be looking for it the rest of the month when I'm home. Smiley

Thanks for telling us about it!

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #2 - 22. Dec 2003 at 22:32
Print Post  
Julie Walking Home is back on the Sundance Channel tomorrow December 23rd at 11:00pm EST.

There are a couple of other titles of passing interest in tomorrow's Sundance channel schedule.

The Dreamcatcher ....A desolate landscape of highways, freight yards and bus depots serves as the backdrop to Ed Radtke's lyrical road movie, a tale suffused with the verity of a documentary film. Fleeing Philadelphia and his pregnant girlfriend, Freddy (Maurice Compte) meets Albert (Paddy Connor), an escapee from a juvenile home. As they head west, each in the hope of emotionally reuniting with an estranged parent, the pair meets a motley assortment of eccentrics who form a portrait of an America populated by the aimless, the disconnected and the charitable.....

I saw this at a screening with the director present. If I recall correctly, he said Paddy was a freshman in high school when they filmed this movie. It's an okay film but very low budget.

Blackboards....In her Cannes Jury Prize-winning feature film, 20-year-old Iranian filmmaker Samira Makhmalbaf presents a bleak, yet often humorous, allegory about education in a world where existence itself is often perilous. Two itinerant teachers, equipped with large blackboards on their backs, individually meet up with nomads and smugglers in Iran's desolate northwestern Kurdistan region. While navigating a landscape filled with landmines, hostile helicopters and steep crevices, the teachers utilize their blackboards, though seldom in the manner intended.

The teachers also meet up with some boys along the way in this film  Smiley. Not recommended as a boy film, although some of the boys play what could fairly be described as significant supporting roles. The film itself is good... not great.... but good.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #3 - 23. Dec 2003 at 12:31
Print Post  
Thanks, Zab.  Just in time!   Grin

(I hope I'm home by then.)  Shocked

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #4 - 24. Dec 2003 at 12:03
Print Post  
Julie Walking Home was good, and Ryan Smith was great in it!

I really liked Paddy Connor in The Dreamcatcher, too.  It was on so late that I fell asleep before I found out what happened to him, or if they ever got to Reno, though.  Shocked

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #5 - 24. Dec 2003 at 23:35
Print Post  
Sir J,

I'm glad one of us got to enjoy Julie Walking Home. I missed my own alert.  Embarrassed

Fortunately it repeats often in the next few days (as does The Dream Catcher Smiley

IP Logged

wwaabbiitt
Silver Member

Reply #6 - 25. Dec 2003 at 20:18
Print Post  
I thought Ryan Smith -- and his twin sister -- were great, too.  That was some of the most "real" and "natural" dialogue/performances from children I've seen in a long time.

Not so sure about the rest of the movie though, seemed to kind of drag and go all over the place, though I'm not the least bit sorry I watched it.  Some weird, inconsistent camera work, too -- at times it was as if the camera person was standing there not knowing the script: one character would be on camera speaking, then the other person would start speaking and the camera would swish and blur over to the other person.  But then several seconds later he knew EXACTLY when to switch.  Just struck me as odd (I typically don't even notice such things, which, of course, is the way it should be if done right).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print