Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Perfect Gooseys (Read 1,589 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

The Perfect Gooseys
23. Jan 2004 at 14:35
Print Post  
a short film from Andrew Mudge, the maker of "Chicken Pox Pal"...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: The Perfect Gooseys
Reply #1 - 25. Jan 2004 at 18:09
Print Post  
Thanks, hosenhaus.  This looks interesting.  Smiley

Just to let people who don't follow links know a bit more about the film, this is from the interview with the director that you linked to:

<i>It’s a short, 15 minutes, shot on 35mm in Ipswich and Fairhaven. It’s about the experiences of an unpopular kid, his hellish experiences at a prep school. It’s really magic realism, fantasy. It takes place at Auburn Academy [a fictional prep school] where every car has a billboard on the roof, you know like "My child is an honor student at Auburn Academy." We got 60 expensive cars and they all had neat, white billboards, 3 feet by 2 feet, on top of the cars proclaiming the achievement of their kid. The one kid whose dad drives an ‘83 old beat-up station wagon -- this dad is trying to figure out something for his kid to do. So it’s sort of this kid’s fever dream of his experience at this school. In the end, the Dad comes up with something that defies, in a unique way, everyone there. But I don’t want to give it away.

Also, the kids have to earn Auburn Academy achievement sweaters. When you don’t have an achievement sweater you have to wear a green sweater. By the end of the movie, everyone has an achievement sweater except for George Goosey, the main character. He’s just a normal kid surrounded by overachievers. And his Dad’s the school janitor, that’s why he can go to school there. It’s a comedy, obviously, and a magic realism fairy tale.</i>

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print