Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic new music from Jesse McCartney (Read 1,823 times)
BoyHowdy
Bronze Member

BA Member

new music from Jesse McCartney
08. Apr 2004 at 03:39
Print Post  
Jesse has a single on the soundtrack for the new movie "Ella Enchanted" as well as a new Disney CD "Disneymania2".  He can be seen currently in promo spots on the Disney Channel.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: new music from Jesse McCartney
Reply #1 - 08. Apr 2004 at 16:18
Print Post  
Thanks for the info, BoyHowdy.  Jesse is very talented, and it's good to see his career continuing.  Often when I'm on the road, a radio station that carries the Disney Radio programming is the one station that comes in best on my radio, so naturally I have to listen to the teeny-bopper (or preteeny-bopper?) music when that happens.   Wink

Well, it beats the rap and hip-hop on other stations.  At least the rap and hip-hop played on Disney Radio is usually done by kids.

Did you notice the winner of Favorite Music Group in The Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards?  Believe it or not, it was the group called OutKast (and the favorite song was OutKast's "Hey Ya").  Now tell me, since the voting is supposedly done by children in telephone and online voting, how did that group win?  The double cd (which also won the Grammy for best album of the year) is supposedly very raunchy (admittedly, I haven't heard it all), and carries a parental warning label for strong language, sexual and violent content.  How did a children's award go to a cd that children aren't even allowed to buy?  Are there really enough stupid parents out there who will buy cd's for their kids even with those kinds of warning labels?  I understand that the version of "Hey Ya" that most of those kids probably heard on the radio was an edited version, but the cd version of that same song includes the lyrics <i>"Don't want to meet your daddy, just want you in my Caddy/ Don't want to meet your mama, just want to make you cumma."</i>   Shocked

I personally do not think that type of "music" is suitable for children.  As long as Jesse doesn't go that route in the future, I'll keep looking forward to any cd's he comes out with, even when he's not recording my favorite songs.   Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print