Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Boys on Daytime Dramas (Read 1,843 times)
BoyHowdy
Bronze Member

BA Member

Boys on Daytime Dramas
10. Apr 2004 at 01:26
Print Post  
In the US, there seems to be a dearth of young actors on the soaps.  Kids don't stay young very long to begin with.  They get what fans called "SORAS", soap opera rapid aging syndrome, where the child goes off to boarding school at age 9 and returns a while later at age 16.

"As the World Turns" has two young actors that have turned in some very good performances.  Brett Groneman has played the very troubled Will Munson for about four years now and is now off the show for the time being.  I fear that Will will be "SORASed" in the near  future before Brett has a chance to return to the role. I hope to see Brett in an episode of a "Law & Order" show sometime.

Christopher Tavani has been playing Luke Grimadi for three years and is a fan favorite. He's been featured a lot recently as Luke's mother Lily has been going through a mental breakdown that affects her family. I don't expect Luke to get SORAS anytime soon, thankfully.

Brett Groneman bio:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Christopher Tavani bio:

Any other soap fans here?  US, British, Aussie? Spanish novelas?

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Boys on Daytime Dramas
Reply #1 - 10. Apr 2004 at 05:03
Print Post  
A few years ago I happened across an episode of Days of Our Lives and spotted a very cute youngster who looked about ten years old. I started watching the show on a semi regular basis for the next couple of years until his character was written out. His name:

Another soap that caught my attention for a couple of years was General Hospital when this young fella was about 11 to 12:

I also gave All My Children a few brief visits to catch but I was soon fed up with the stupid plots and studio park sets so I gave up.

The only time I'll see a soap episode now is when the TV is on in the background and I'm busy doing something else.

Oh, nearly forgot, I also watched a couple of local soaps 'Neighbours' and 'Home and Away' when they featured appealing boy actors in regular roles.

Channel surfing the other day I spotted Christopher Drake as 'Adrian' in Home and Away:

I suspect that Christopher is a recurring character but I don't watch the show regularly enough to be certain.

IP Logged

BoyHowdy
Bronze Member

BA Member

Re: Boys on Daytime Dramas
Reply #2 - 11. Apr 2004 at 02:25
Print Post  
AMC took a lot of heat for dropping Jesse McCartney, who was well liked, and SORASing his character but I saw it as an opportunity for him to advance his career. I was kind of disappointed that he didn't do much more than Dreamstreet after he left the show.

"Santa Barbara" had a young Brandon Call (from "Baywatch" and "Step by Step"). He was eventually replaced by Justin Gocke, who won a daytime Emmy but didn't do much after leaving SB.

Brian Bloom is also a soap vet, playing teen heart throb Dusty Donovan on "As the World Turns"  for a number of years. He also won a Daytime Emmy.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print