Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Rock and Roll Kid_Danny Sveinson (Read 4,207 times)
boy55
Silver Member

BA Member

Rock and Roll Kid_Danny Sveinson
10. May 2004 at 20:10
Print Post  
Cheesy
Danny is an 11 year old electric guitarist, from Surrey, BC, who many have exclaimed must be the reincarnation of Hendrix or Vaughn. An 11 year old just shouldn't be able to write and play songs like this kid. No one really believes it until they see and hear him. Recently, Danny was chosen to be the closing act for the 10 day ‘Telus World Ski and Snowboarding Festival. As well, Danny is the youngest performer to ever play ‘The Commodore Ballroom’ in Vancouver as an opening act for Colin James. He's also opened for the Northern Pikes, headlined the family stage at Surrey's City Central Jazz and Blues Fest and appeared (interviews and playing) on Breakfast TV (CityTV) and Urban Rush (SHAW TV, The Vicky Gabereau Show (CTV), MTV 'Select'. (MTV Canada), YTV’s ‘The Zone’, and the Mike Bullard Show (GLOBAL). As well, several newspapers and television news programs have done articles and features on Danny.

Danny was 6 years old when he discovered rock and roll after hearing TNT by AC/DC. After almost two years of pestering his parents for a guitar he received one for his eighth birthday and began lessons as well. In a matter of weeks it was apparent that he was born with a gift for music. His instructor put away the guitar books and began to work with him on styles and technique. By his ninth birthday he was writing his own material and had received a Fender Stratocaster to play on. That Christmas (2002), he got a Digitech guitar processor with built-in drum machine and his writing took off. He did his first gig in March, 2003. Since then he has written dozens of songs, won numerous awards and performed at various venues. He is working with producer, John Bottomley, to record his first CD which will be ready in the next few weeks. Danny loves to hang out at the Tom Lee Music store in Surrey and his teacher, Coach, is the guitar manager there. Tom Lee Music has done lots to help Dan out with support and appearances. For most of his first year of performing, Danny used the drumbeat in the Digitech as his backing band. But as of the K.B. Woodward Elementary show, he is now playing with a backing band made up of Conrad Dykman (18) on drums and Matt Grose (18) on bass. If he was great before, he has now taken a quantum leap in his performance level, playing and writing.

Danny is highly influenced by the guitar heroes of the 70’s and his style is very much lead guitar, power solo driven. His favorite guitarists are; Angus Young, Alex Lifeson, Colin James, Eric Clapton, Jimi Hendrix and Jimi Page. Hockey and reading is just a couple of his hobbies but his real love is guitars. He currently owns 8 guitars and has a collection of guitar magazines that numbers in the hundreds.

Danny is getting a lot of requests from elementary schools in Surrey to come in and play for assemblies. He puts on a great show, playing some of his songs and talking to the kids about guitars and music. He usually finishes with a short question and answer session and gives out some of his custom picks to the kids. There is also the option of having the Tom Lee Music school liason attend to give a short talk on the importance of music. If you would like Danny to perform at your school or event please contact him through this website.
Wink
« Last Edit: 13. Jun 2005 at 10:13 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Re: Rock and Roll Kid
Reply #1 - 10. May 2004 at 22:11
Print Post  
Danny Sveinson.

Homepage:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Gallery:

Thanks, boy55!   Grin

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

BoyHowdy
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 10. May 2004 at 23:59
Print Post  
On this note, I'd like to recommend you see "The School of Rock" which features several very talented young musicians. Kevin Clark (Freddie on drums) and Joey Gaydos (Zack on guitar) are particular standouts. The DVD extras are worth watching as well.

The School of Rock: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Kevin Clark:

Joey Gaydos:

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 11. May 2004 at 09:23
Print Post  
boy55,

..thanks for letting us know about the very talented Danny.  Smiley

IP Logged

boy55
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 11. May 2004 at 19:19
Print Post  
Cheesy Thanks to Sir Jacob,BoyHowdy and cal so much!! Wink
Sir Jacob right about your site as thank to you so much!!
Well, Hope all like my different posts; I always keep hard
work for all sometime!! Wink 8)

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #5 - 11. May 2004 at 19:32
Print Post  
<i>Well, Hope all like my different posts; I always keep hard work for all sometime!</i>

boy55, I have been amazed at all of the research you've done, and all of the great posts you've made!  Thank you so much for being here and sharing everything you find about boyactors and young singers with us!  :bigok:

Oh, and I'm anxious to see that dvd of 'School of Rock', too, BoyHowdy!  Thanks for mentioning it.  Smiley

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

Riverside

BA Member

Reply #6 - 06. Jun 2005 at 15:47
Print Post  
Danny has a new band  "The DANNY S BAND" and a new website:

a CD with original material is due for release this month.

saw him perform last weekend in Vancouver, this guy is simply AMAZING.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print