Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic danny torrance (Read 3,653 times)
gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

danny torrance
27. Sep 2004 at 11:25
Print Post  
which danny torrance do you prefer  cortland mead in the tv movie version of the shining or danny lloyd in the kubrick version.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: danny torrance
Reply #1 - 27. Sep 2004 at 21:39
Print Post  
I've only seen the Kubrick original gee, so I can't compare. I loved Courtland Mead in Dragonworld though.  Smiley

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 28. Sep 2004 at 09:35
Print Post  
I'd call it a tie...

Danny was the first, and got to work with Kubrick. Unfortunately he only made one other movie a couple of years later...  I think he's now a school teacher.

I've seen Courtland Mead in a couple of things and thought he was pretty good but he hasn't managed to get any decent acting roles in a movie since he did 'The Shining' in 1996, apart from a TV movie called 'Emma's Wish' in 1998. The best he's managed is a few voice over jobs.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 29. Sep 2004 at 12:16
Print Post  
I don't know much about Courtland Mead and I'm very biased in this case. I hated the TV production of The Shining, because I thought it was unnecessary and a waste of time. I prefer Danny.

IP Logged

Will
Bronze Member

Lurker at best

Reply #4 - 29. Sep 2004 at 13:31
Print Post  
I'm with you, josephk. It was on a while ago in like 3 or 4 parts or something like that one TV. I watched the first two, but was so fed up with it, I stopped.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!

When the shrubs started coming alive to attack Danny, that's when I drew the line and left. That was just so obsurd, I laughed! Then I went out and rented the real one and enjoyed it. I now own the DVD. If any of you do not own this, there's a great extra feature that has an interview with Danny about the movie. It was very cute and quite funny.

Oh well, at least Courtland was able to get some work out of it and I hope he at least had some fun doing it. I loved the role he played in "The Little Rascals". The end with the out-takes was pretty funny.

--Will Smiley

IP Logged

Bijou
Global Moderator

Tinkerus Supremis

Reply #5 - 04. Oct 2004 at 13:04
Print Post  
I too have only seen the Kubrick version, so I don't know.
Kubrick's version was very much his own interpretation of the novel, so I would like to see what the other version is like.

And yes, the 'Making of' documentary on the DVD is cool - Danny only expected to be paid pocket money for his role hehe.

love,
Bijou

IP Logged

Lite
Platinum Member

AKA Teddy Bear

Reply #6 - 06. Oct 2004 at 15:27
Print Post  
I prefered the coo-brick version too Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1