Guest Message
Hi there Guest,

It looks like you are enjoying reading our forum, so why don't you register an account with us to stop seeing this message and benefit from many more features. Registration is easy and will only take you a few minutes.

If you already have an account with us, then click here to log in.

Thank you,

The BoyActors Forum Team
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic As the World Turns ages another of the kids (Read 3,250 times)
BoyHowdy
Bronze Member

BA Member

As the World Turns ages another of the kids
28. Nov 2004 at 00:26
Print Post  
Christopher Tavani has played Luke Grimaldi on "As the World Turns" for three and a half years now.  He's had his share of adventures, like being kidnapped and nearly getting killed in a fire.  But the writing was on the wall that Luke might have some growing up to do (called Soap Opera Rapid Aging Syndrome [SORAS]  in soap fan lingo) when Jesse Soffer (a.k.a. Jesse Lee) took over the role of Will Munson earlier this year and aged Will about 4 years from 13 to 17.  Christoph er's role is being taken over by Jake Weary, the son of soap diva Kim Zimmer (Reva, "Guiding Light").  It's possible that Luke will have better storylines with the troubled Will with the two now closer to each other in age once again.

Chrisopher Tavani (a few years ago):
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Jake Weary:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Story about Jake and his mom: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Christopher Tavani's bio: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: As the World Turns ages another of the kids
Reply #1 - 29. Nov 2004 at 07:34
Print Post  
Thaks Boyhowdy...

There are some fine young actors on those daytime soaps. I don't like soap operas much so I avoid watching them but I wish we had a regular poster that does watch them, and could make caps from them...

..any one out there want to volunteer  Smiley

IP Logged

ThePhotoGuy

The Photo Guy

Reply #2 - 29. Nov 2004 at 22:20
Print Post  
BoyHowdy,
I am not into soaps but you may have just given me a reason!  Thanks!
TPG

IP Logged

BoyHowdy
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 30. Nov 2004 at 01:07
Print Post  
I'll try to keep you guys up to date on any boy actors appearing on the soaps, particularly "As the World Turns", "The Young & The Restless" and "All My Children".  There aren't that many kids on regularly who have significant roles.  Most teens on the soaps are often played by actors in their 20s (as is the case on prime time TV).  And young kids on the soaps usually go from age 10 to about age 16 over a summer.

Jesse McCartney and Jonathan Jackson are two of a few (too few) boys who've gone from soap stardom to bigger careers. And both have strong fanbases. Connor Paolo looks to be on that path, judging from the response to his pix posted here a few months ago.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 14. Dec 2004 at 22:45
Print Post  
Joseph Cross and Erik Von Detten are another couple of kids that started off on soaps...   I guess they are a pretty good training ground for young actors.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print