Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Duma (2005) (Read 12,237 times)
Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Re: Duma (2005)
Reply #15 - 28. Aug 2005 at 06:36
Print Post  
Quote:
I got question about this because socksoles say got asian dvd.

Lots times on ebay or amazon it say =  Not a cheap asian or bootleg.

Is it bad dvd if order from asia?  I always wonder this when see words on web site and it make me think is not good to order dvds from hong kong or china.   

While there are a lot of bootleg DVDs in Asia (you can't wall around central Beijing without being invited to come to the "store just down the road" which is selling hundreds of bootleg titles...), but there are genuine DVDs released in Asia (which generally should be Region 3, although I believe China is Region 6).

You do need to buy from a reputable retailer to be sure of getting a genuine DVD (and Yes Asia would qualify as a reputable retailer).

Quote:
How come Asia got ability to release dvd of english films before america or england do?

Because the Asian countries are looking to improve their economies by exporting all these DVDs to Western countries?? Wink

Release schedules around the world is one of the great unsolved mysteries...

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #16 - 28. Aug 2005 at 10:40
Print Post  
Quote:
How come Asia got ability to release dvd of english films before america or england do?

That's not always a true statement Jasen, although in this case it is. As I understand it, distribution rights are bought territory by territory. The decision as to when and how to release are then up to the distributor who bought those rights. This is why some films take forever to get into the theatres or on video and some never do. As the article from LA Weekly states, Duma isn't moving through the distribution cycle quickly in the USA because Warner Brothers can't figure out how to market it properly. If they release it on DVD now, it will never be shown in the theatres. Since the article mentions a big release in LA at the end of September, it seems like it will be a long time before Duma is on DVD in the USA.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #17 - 28. Aug 2005 at 11:25
Print Post  
It's due out on DVD in the UK on 26 September.

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #18 - 28. Aug 2005 at 16:52
Print Post  
It sounds like a good one to rent when it comes avalable.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #19 - 31. Aug 2005 at 10:56
Print Post  
this movie is palying here in chicago it is test marketed her if it does well it mite geta wider relaease. i might try and see it on sunday.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #20 - 25. Dec 2005 at 18:46
Print Post  
There was a preview for Duma tacked onto a region 1 DVD of 'March of The Penguins' a 2005 release which my sister got as a gift. It was a typical short preview but, curiously, there was no mention of "coming soon" or "coming to DVD" or any indication of release of any sort.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print